Data dvd

vbimport

Hi
Up till now I have been saving downloaded avi files on disc as data. but suddenly even though they record onto the disc,when i put them back into the pc they arnt recognised or play. i know they have recorded because they play on other pcs and also dvd players.
Anyone know how to solve the problem

What do you mean by “when i put them back into the pc”? Do you mean copy them back to the hard drive or just try to play them from the disk? If you are trying to play from the disk, maybe your reader’s lens needs cleaning. Does it read other DVD’s and/or CD’s?

Hi
I burn music and films onto the discs but when i try and open the disc after burning it is not recognised.even though the disc will play in another pc

[QUOTE=terryz;2470046]Hi
I burn music and films onto the discs but when i try and open the disc after burning it is not recognised.even though the disc will play in another pc[/QUOTE]
it will still play and recognise dvds i have done weeks ago

Most of times this issue is due to a bad burned disc. Different drives have different capabilities to read bad burned discs, so this explain why some drives can read the discs and other not.

My suggestion is to recover all data on these problematic discs and burn them again on another DVD, before the disc become unreadable at all.

Most of times a bad burn is due to a low quality disc or to a wrong burning speed. So I also suggest to use proven quality media like Verbatim and burn them around the certified speed (for example, 16x certified media usually give best results at 12x or 8x)