DAT files from old VCDs to Mpeg4 (Files to Mobile)

Hi,

Can any one help?

I want to convert DAT files from old VCDs to Mpeg4 (Files to Mobile). How can I do it?

DVDFAB do not automatically scan VCD like DVD, so I had to search from the VCD but DVDFAB scans and nothing happens.

Thank you

Try changing the file extension from [B]dat[/B] to [B]mpg[/B] (you will need to copy to your HDD first).

[QUOTE=signals;2284576]Try changing the file extension from [B]dat[/B] to [B]mpg[/B] (you will need to copy to your HDD first).[/QUOTE]

Thank you Signals…

However, I was rather upset:( that DVDFAB could not scan and convert DAT directly from the VCD and instead required users to “copy” files to HDD prior to conversion. That’s kind of silly, considering some format converter could do it directly from the disk.

Nevertheless, you mentioned to change the DAT to MPG…why change the file when it could be copied to the HDD and convert using DVDFAB. Does changing the DAT to MPG helps?

Thank you…again

VCD DAT files are MPEG 1 video. Changing the file suffix may help File to Mobile to recognize the content, but there is no way to change it while the files are on the optical disc. They may be able to change this in a future update, but this might work until then. It would take very little time to try.