DARN I'm in trouble (got arrested)

vbimport

Damn this sucks man. Today I was a day off (because of my brother in law’s bachelor party we have tonught) and this morning we went to a local airport (Lelystad airport, http://www.schiphol.nl/_lelystad/home.jsp?ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=1408474395729236&bmLocale=nl).
As some of you might know, I’m quite into photography since some time. So, I saw a good chance to take some nice pictures. I positioned myself somewhere along the runway. Suddenly two police officers came over and arrested me. At the station they told me that taking pictures of planes is forbidden nowadays, as this information could well be used for terrosistic purposes. Normally they would have let me go with a warning (as there was absolutely no proof against me), but now I´m free again but still a suspect, as I was (or better: am) wearing an anti-Bush tshirt. This just sucks… I didn’t do squad, but I’m a suspect of terrorism right now…

Dude I feel bad…

Dude, that sucks … but right now … I’m ROTFLMAO.

I see a custom user title coming up … *Suspected Terrorist Administrator" :stuck_out_tongue:
[color=white]aprils fools day

[/color]

LOL :iagree:
They should have taken away your camera that way you could not hijack a plane with the lens ring.

Sorry but this is dumb at it’s best. Do you think somebody taking pictures of airplanes to do harm would be using something as obvious as a camera :confused:

The whole world is going crazy

hehe :wink: :bow:

Now you can imagine how my friend was feeling when he got arrested in Greece several years ago… :wink:

Any lawyer will get this thrown out…it wouldn’t stick…unless you were tresspassing, but then you should have been arrested for that…but for now, I cannot help to chuckle

Sorry to hear that Dee-ehn I too do photography and the hysteria if you point a camera at children is just unbelievable.
I too can’t wait for a change in the leaders of the US & UK but when visiting a sensitive area I would be careful what I wore. You have to bear in mind here in the UK terrorist suspects have been arrested at Heathrow planning to shoot down an airliner, so everyone is twitchy.
The arrest was inconvenient for you but understandable in the circumstances and hey look at it as one of life’s experiences. Certainly it makes life more interesting. :flower:
Regards.

Note to self: if planning a terrorist attack use a notepad.

Why do you think the next set will be any better :disagree:

Don’t worry Dee-ehn. There was a similar case in Melbourne last year. A guy from a photography club was arrested taking photos of the oil tanks at the local refinery. He was told that the photos could be used for “terrorist purposes.” Upon checking the police realised that he was, in fact, a member of the local photography club and that members often took twilight and dawn photos of the facility to test new equipment and generate nice photo effects. The whole thing went into the daily newspapers and tv media and one the of State ministers came out and apologised for what had happened saying that the whole thing incident took the terrorism thing too far. Needless to say the guy’s camera was returned and an apology ensued. Don’t worry about it. I doubt that it will ever reach court.
1/Tell someone in the media about it.
2/Call you local government representative and explain what happened.
3/Make a complaint to your local police complaints department.
this is terrorism hysteria that’s so silly it’s beyond belief…and WE’RE meant to live in democratic nations…hah!
Read here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/melbourne/discuss/159853/

Gee Stroppy that’s a real comfort :doh:

I believe people should take comfort in my words!

edit Oops! Wrong Thread /edit

This is what terrosists want to obtain, and they obtained it :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Hm. I even posted pictures of planes and airports sometimes even on this very site and mostly on some South Korean servers. Once a stewardess saw me holding the Sony DSC-F717 and told me kindly but clearly not to take pictures, but well I went on taking some more video and pictures because there were some TV crews recording something inside the plane (while flying.) Since I lived right near the international airport, I just had too many chances to take the airport passenger terminal pictures as well.

Once the airport security girls ordered me to take my jumper for further inspection, maybe on a day of 2004 December, and I was very annoyed and waited some more minutes after the inspection just to make a few questions to them but they never apologized.

One more reason to have a private jet plane and a private airport. :slight_smile:

You’re absolutely right… But it did give Georgie Boy and Australia’s very own Johnny-boy a chance to clamp down on some basic freedoms they were itching to interfere with anyway.

Darn D-N, that sucks … but … wait … whats the date again? :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the point of all this. Plane pictures and design diagrams are easy to get off the plane manufactures web sites. what would a person wanting to do harm gain from a picture of a plane. If they are hell bent on blowing one up and are willing to trade their life for others there is not much that can be done to stop it

Oh sh*t…We’ve been APRIL FOOLED…aw poo! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :o :o :o :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Might be April 1 but it still brought up valid points.

Ditto

Quite correct…at least we got to discuss something that’s irritating most free-thinking people.
Oh, but I hate being fooled! :doh: