Dance of Death and Elements Pt.1 ripping

I have Iron Maiden’s Dance of Death and Stratovarius Elements Pt.1 (original) i think both of them have the same copy protection since they use their own player and cant play in WMP9 or in Playcenter 2 for example. I have Win98Se, Pioneer DVD 40x16x and Plextor PX-W2410A 24x10x40x. How can i rip them in mp3’s? (128kbps, 44100Hz). Just to rip them in my pc music library as i need to transfer them to my portable mp3 player. Please help. I have read the article about copy protections but didn’t help musch as i don’t know which copy protection they use. If someone could tell me in depth what should i do i’d appreciate that. thanks in advance.

Hi,why don´t you try PlexTools? ,since you´ve got a Plextor.If you haven´t got PlexTools try these and upgrade to v. 2.07 here ,I think this is what you need?!If you want to know what specific “copy-protection” your disc´s got, do a search for ClonyXXXL(pref. 2015)./gs.

Both disks are probably protected with “CDS200”.
according to this tread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=75699
at least it seems that “Dance of death” is.Since you got a plex, you should give it a try with plextools.
If you copy lame.dll into the plextools install folder you should be able to process the files to mp3 directly.
Remember to decrease the reading speed to 4x. also remember to choose “Report errors only” in the plextools preferences.

I have installed plextools v1.09 (they came with my 24x10x40x burner) and they couldn’t recognise my ATAPI DVD Pioneer 120S. when i go into it’s screen the pc freezes and needs restart. I’ll download the 2.07 upgrade and see if that happens again.

Can you go more in depth about what have i to change in plextools options (it has a bunch of them) in order to rip the cd or maybe provide a link to a tutorial? Thanks for your patience but haven’t used plextools before and i am quite unfamiliar with the way it works.

Definitly upgrade to v. 2.07.Read and write with your Plextor.As for the tutorial personally I haven´t heard or seen any,but I´m sure you´ll get along just fine ,the settings in PlexTools aren´t that difficult.There´s one nice option in PlexTools ,“first session only” :bigsmile: check that with your tray open and then close tray and you´ll (most probably) will see all the music tracks on your disc. As BeeR_DoG stated use 4x´s or 8x´s to read the disc.By the way PlexTools´for Plextors and not for Pioneer;) By the way what fw do you have for your burner? Perhaps upgrade? /gs.

Just updated to latest firmware version 1.04 and plextools 2.07 are being downloaded 87%… I am going to try it and i’ll post results. Thanks again!

Having a problem when i download plextools pro 2.07 it says that it can’t upgrade because it couldn’t find the proper version. does that mean that i have to download plextools pro v2.02 and then update. Can’t it update the plextools 1.05 or 1.09 etc.?

Similar to this? /gs.

Well, almost forgot about “Enable single session” (getting spoiled by my Premium). Thanks for clearing that up, Gene.

Originally posted by Hal Koos

Can you go more in depth about what have i to change in plextools options (it has a bunch of them)

When you get plextools to work properly, do the following steps. First install the “lame_enc.dll” in your plextools folder.
This will enable the option of processing the files to mp3 directly.

Be sure you dont have the disk in the tray. Open plextools and select your plexie in the upper left column.
Now choose “Drive Settings” in the lower left column. Make sure to choose “4xCLV reading speed” under the basic tab.
Go on to the advanced tab and be sure that “Enable single session” is activated. Then select “Digital audio extraction”
in the lower right column. Insert your disk. Now you should be able to see your tracks (be patient).Select the tracks.
Choose an output path. Push the preferences button.Select “Report Errors Only” in the “DAE Error Recovery” Frame.
Select: MP3(L.A.M.E.) in the “Audio Format Options” frame and choose your bitrate in the “ekstra options” window.
Note, if you did not copy “lame_enc.dll” to your plextools folder, you wont be able to choose, MP3(L.A.M.E.).
Push the Ok button and you should be back in the main window. Push the start button.Here we go.

Note:
It’s perfectly normal(for CDS 200 protected disks) that plextools report some errors, but they shoulden’t
be audible.

The “lame_enc.dll” is a part of the L.A.M.E encoder package and it’s freeware. Pesonally I use
version 3.92, but it might be a little outdated.

You’ll have to “Enable single session” every time you need it (mainly for CDS 200 protected disks).

Originally posted by BeeR_DoG
[B]Well, almost forgot about “Enable single session” (getting spoiled by my Premium). Thanks for clearing that up, Gene.

When you get plextools to work properly, do the following steps. First install the “lame_enc.dll” in your plextools folder.
This will enable the option of processing the files to mp3 directly.

Be sure you dont have the disk in the tray. Open plextools and select your plexie in the upper left column.
Now choose “Drive Settings” in the lower left column. Make sure to choose “4xCLV reading speed” under the basic tab.
Go on to the advanced tab and be sure that “Enable single session” is activated. Then select “Digital audio extraction”
in the lower right column. Insert your disk. Now you should be able to see your tracks (be patient).Select the tracks.
Choose an output path. Push the preferences button.Select “Report Errors Only” in the “DAE Error Recovery” Frame.
Select: MP3(L.A.M.E.) in the “Audio Format Options” frame and choose your bitrate in the “ekstra options” window.
Note, if you did not copy “lame_enc.dll” to your plextools folder, you wont be able to choose, MP3(L.A.M.E.).
Push the Ok button and you should be back in the main window. Push the start button.Here we go.

Note:
It’s perfectly normal(for CDS 200 protected disks) that plextools report some errors, but they shoulden’t
be audible.

The “lame_enc.dll” is a part of the L.A.M.E encoder package and it’s freeware. Pesonally I use
version 3.92, but it might be a little outdated.

You’ll have to “Enable single session” every time you need it (mainly for CDS 200 protected disks). [/B]

Aaah!,a Danish PlexTools Tutorial DPT :bigsmile: :bigsmile: nice, L.A.M.E 3.92 isn´t that the ver. with the best reputation?/gs.

Hey guys, I just managed to rip dance of death. did exactly what you said, but when i put the cd in tray with the options needed enabled, it just recognised it as an audio cd with 11 tracks and i just ripped it using WMP9. i have heard most of it and didn’t noticed any errors too.

And an off topic question, is there a programm that will allow me to burn my wma’s in cda format? (audio cd)

Thanks a lot!

So in about 12 hours you´ve gone from :Z to :bigsmile: ?/gs.

You may say that, with all this immediate helpful responses it was quite obvious.

Anyway in the OT question, does anyone know a programm that can do that? Nero can’t encode wma’s in cda…

Originally posted by gene_simmons
Aaah!,a Danish PlexTools Tutorial DPT :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Damn, I thought I posted the English Tutorial :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:. Well, My English never was good :o .

Originally posted by Hal Koos
And an off topic question, is there a programm that will allow me to burn my wma’s in cda format? (audio cd)
Thanks a lot!

Why don’t you just rip the tracks to wav format (Windows PCM) , and burn them with Nero/Plextools or any appropriate
burning program.

Originally posted by BeeR_DoG
Damn, I thought I posted the English Tutorial :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:. Well, My English never was good :o
I must have been the “Grön” that made the languistic fumblebutt!Have one for me mate-hope I can pay you back oneday! :bigsmile: /gs.