Damn You Verbatim!

Neo Verbatim is now my second choice after the legendary Panasonic TYG03The strange thing is , Verbatim costs more here :eek:

[quote=tropic;2021026]I smell some neo-verb Class Action.[/quote]I haven’t been able to get a burn that good with Neo Verbies. I bought a 100-pak of MIT +R at OM today (PAP6). A CD-DVD Speed burn on BenQ 1650 was good, but not great.

[QUOTE=rakter;2021016]Great burn, realy… is it 6 pif? that is equal to 3 pif on liteon and plextor…[/QUOTE]You can’t say that… it’s incorrect. It can be anywhere from 6x1 to 1x6 cause BenQ scans are 8ECC.

I’ve had another horrible scan with neo Verbatim MCC 03RG20 :

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2022653-post30.html

:a

I am going back to use my trusty Ritek G05 :bow:

These windows are very nice. They look like ancient egyptian art.

minaelromany :clap:

Love the MCC 03RG20, low jitter and great burns.

I just stocked up on 500 more (In old 25 packs), I used a $10 off $50+ eBay purchase, came out to $9.05 a 50 pack :cool:

[QUOTE=Sunshine12;2023176]These windows are very nice. They look like ancient egyptian art.[/QUOTE]

It is actually Windowblinds 6 with “Azkaban” theme

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2023186]minaelromany :clap:

Love the MCC 03RG20, low jitter and great burns.

I just stocked up on 500 more (In old 25 packs), I used a $10 off $50+ eBay purchase, came out to $9.05 a 50 pack :cool:[/QUOTE]

MAP6 in the old package 100 disc spindle bought from OM USA was not that good but jitter was still AWESOME .

MAP7 in new package in 25 disc spindle scans like this , it is from Radioshack Egypt , although the price is rather high (like every thing else in Egypt) , quality is excellent

12.20$ per 25 discs or 24.40$ per 50 is much but crap media costs much more even in the same Radioshack store .

I’ve just called the guy in that store asking him to get me 7 more spindles of MCC 03G20 and another pack of 5 discs of MIS DVD+R DL MKM001 :bow:

Pricy hobby , eh ?!:wink:

I think I know why MAP6 and PAP6 Verbatim-branded discs are less consistent than their MAPA and PAPA cousins:

CMC site 6, in addition to manufacturing MCC-coded discs for Verbatim, also manufactures discs bearing CMC’s own codes. Nearly all of the CMC MAG. AM3 and CMC MAG M01 coded discs you’ll see in the U.S. under brand names such as Maxell, TDK, Imation, Memorex, H-P, Philips et al. are made at CMC’s site 6 (hence the MTP6 and PEP6 hub codes). In addition, the current 4x Verbatim-branded DVD+RWs are also made by CMC at the site 6 (the hub codes start with PWD6), though with MKM stampers. CMC’s site A, on the other hand, seldom manufactures discs to be sold under brand names besides Verbatim.

I wish they would stop putting those cutouts on top of the discs so we could see whether they’re PAPA or PAP6 before we buy them. :iagree:

Even if the cutouts weren’t there, the spacers would cover over the hub area so you still wouldn’t be able to see the serial number.

[QUOTE=RJL65;2024614]I think I know why MAP6 and PAP6 Verbatim-branded discs are less consistent than their MAPA and PAPA cousins:

CMC site 6, in addition to manufacturing MCC-coded discs for Verbatim, also manufactures discs bearing CMC’s own codes. Nearly all of the CMC MAG. AM3 and CMC MAG M01 coded discs you’ll see in the U.S. under brand names such as Maxell, TDK, Imation, Memorex, H-P, Philips et al. are made at CMC’s site 6 (hence the MTP6 and PEP6 hub codes). In addition, the current 4x Verbatim-branded DVD+RWs are also made by CMC at the site 6 (the hub codes start with PWD6), though with MKM stampers. CMC’s site A, on the other hand, seldom manufactures discs to be sold under brand names besides Verbatim.[/QUOTE]

Good theory. :iagree:

I’ve had a box (4x50) on a shelf for a while and had no idea it was the new bad Verbs from CMC. Anyway, i thought i’d share my first scan before i cry myself to sleep

[quote=CJ2;2092960]I’ve had a box (4x50) on a shelf for a while and had no idea it was the new bad Verbs from CMC. Anyway, i thought i’d share my first scan before i cry myself to sleep[/quote] There there now, don’t cry … I’ll take those horrible Verbies off your hands for free! :smiley:

What are these “neo” verbs?

Only on occasion have I been able to get that good of a scan. Actually what happens is that most of the disc scans great – but there are always bad spots it seems. I’ve tried with 3 different burners and Verb MCC 003 and MCC 004, branded, unbranded shiny/inkjet paper, (all MIT) etc. all bought from Newegg.

My most recent experience is with Verb MCC003 shiny (thermal top):
In one 50 pk spindle burned on Pioneer DVR-112D, I’d get scans like these. Elated, I bought another and in that new spindle most of them would have a small thick hill of PIFs in the outer 3/4 of the disc.

So are these “neo” verbs more consistent then? If not, I’m probably gonna give up on Verbs and just stick with TY03, TY02. My best scans on the TYs are not as good as the Verb MCC003/4 but are much much more consistent.

[quote=jimveta;2095267]What are these “neo” verbs?

Only on occasion have I been able to get that good of a scan. Actually what happens is that most of the disc scans great – but there are always bad spots it seems. I’ve tried with 3 different burners and Verb MCC 003 and MCC 004, branded, unbranded shiny/inkjet paper, (all MIT) etc. all bought from Newegg.

My most recent experience is with Verb MCC003 shiny (thermal top):
In one 50 pk spindle burned on Pioneer DVR-112D, I’d get scans like these. Elated, I bought another and in that new spindle most of them would have a small thick hill of PIFs in the outer 3/4 of the disc.

So are these “neo” verbs more consistent then? If not, I’m probably gonna give up on Verbs and just stick with TY03, TY02. My best scans on the TYs are not as good as the Verb MCC003/4 but are much much more consistent.[/quote]

Considering that your discs are MIT, they are neo-Verbatims. That moniker refers to the fact that Verbatim doesn’t really make their media anymore (however an exception would be the MIS DVD+R DLs). Media production has largely been outsourced to CMC Magnetics, Prodisc (both in Taiwan) and Moser Baer India.

On a personal note, I’ve been buying Verbatim’s 16x DVD+R (MCC 004) made by Prodisc and they seem to burn quite well. PIE can be a bit high (total of 70,000 or less and average of about 4) but the PIF is great.

Ah, I see. Thanks

[QUOTE=jimveta;2095267]What are these “neo” verbs?[/QUOTE]

It refers to the new packaging for Verbatims, which started around last year, i believe.

[QUOTE=theSpam;2095309]Considering that your discs are MIT, they are neo-Verbatims. That moniker refers to the fact that Verbatim doesn’t really make their media anymore[/QUOTE]:disagree: Nope

:iagree: Yep

Wow, I clearly haven’t been here long enough. Sorry jimveta.

No problem, theSpam. Thanks for the info all.
Are these the Neo Verbs?
http://www.shop4tech.com/item6160.html

or: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130038