Damn sata hard rive wont boot XP! help me

I have an Asus a7n8x deluxe and I want to get rid of my 80GB hard drive and install XP on my 200GB sata drive. Problem is, I have installed XP on the sata drive with the use of this floppy disc sata driver, BUT when I take out the IDE hard drive the sata wont boot up XP.

It gives me an error saying “failed to load drivers” or something like that. However, when the IDE drive is connected, it simply asks me which hdd to boot from and all is good.

Anyone got a clue how to fix this? I want to have 4 DVD burners hooked up and get rid of this small 80GB drive. :a

You should have disconnected the 80GB before installing XP to the 200GB. Now you have made a dual boot sytem with the 80GB still as C:\ drive.

If you set your BIOS to boot from the SATA drive first, you can reconnect the old drive to retrieve data, after successful installation of XP to the new drive.

Yes you are right :slight_smile: , I figured it out not long ago. Just disconnected and reinstalled windows on the sata.

Hehe, now im a true CD freak with all my IDE space taken up by dvd burners :stuck_out_tongue: