****damn Ac3 Codec****

Whats up my people. Well i have a couple of files that need AC3 codec. I installed Nimo codec, but i still have no sound. I installed another file from doom9.org in the download section- Azid 1.8. But i have no clue what to do w/ this file. What would you guys suggest i do. I have tried for a week to play audio. Any suggestions or instructions would be appreciated. Thanks
JR

:wink:

i think you have to have a real sound card for it to work, not onboard or motherboard sound

i cant get it to work on my 2 laptops, one a dell 1.2 gigp3 with xp and the hp 600 with millenium,works fine on my hp desktop xp withsound blaster audigy card

did you try the audiofilters.zip from doom9? it is under the Filters category on the downlaod page. These are all I ever use for AC3 and have never had any probs.

agree with thebone: i downloaded that file just a couple of hours ago, since that’s when i got my first ac3 divx.
that audiofilters work nice and cause no problems with other codecs; the only prob is that, when you run the bat file, you shouldn’t move the folder, unless you want to miss your codec ;), so unzip the files on a definitive location.

Originally posted by thebone
did you try the audiofilters.zip from doom9? it is under the Filters category on the downlaod page. These are all I ever use for AC3 and have never had any probs.

Well i downloaded these files. But once again I cant get any sound when i download these files, or i just dont know what im supposed to do w/ the files. The funny thing is i can get sound if i play it w/ Windows Media Player. But the Vid starts to flicker up. The vid only looks good w/ DivX player 2.0 but i get no sound.

Also, i have an Xvid file. It plays w/ widows media player w/ sound but it starts to flicker really bad. I tried playing it with vidomi video player. The video looks excellent but again i get no sound :confused:

This is the sound card i have:Crystal SoundFusion ™

Thanks for everyone trying to help :bow:

PS: i did double click on this file called registerfilters-2k b/c is have win2k but still no sound:confused:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

this video player takes care of the problem