Damaged blocks CD-R with Nero CD Speed on 1653S

vbimport

I have a 1653S

When I check a CD-R with Nero CD Speed sometimes the test shows damaged blocks ( yellow block on the graphic )

the same CD-R is ok with a Sony DDU 1621 DVD reader ( no damaged blocks )

so it’s seems that 1653S is not perfect on reading CD-R, have you noticed if your 1653S failed with Nero CD Speed test ? ( CD-R test )

with low speed scanning ( <24x) it’s Ok, but at high speed there is errors,

with Kprobe I have too much C1 and C2 errors at 32x speed :frowning:

Date : 06/02/2005 11:23:49
Model : 1-0-1-0 LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1653S CS0C
Disc : CDR (A+) , 972401:795973 [Taiyo Yuden Company Limited]
Speed : 32x
Scanned range : 0:2:0 (0) - 74:33:18 (51DEFh)
C1 Max : 1948
C1 Average : 0,46
C1 Total : 2057
C2 Max : 2046
C2 Average : 0,46
C2 Total : 2046

up

@ El Gringo
When you access the data at the estimated point of corruption, is the data truly corrupted and inaccessible in either drive? It may be what you say, but it may be the sony doesn’t ‘see’ the error, but the litey does. It looks from your chart numbers that there is just one C2 spike/error.

Hello Please

the data is accessible, readable with the liteon,

the errors reported by Nero CD Speed is random with the liteon, sometimes a yellow damaged blocks can happen in the graphic, sometimes there is no damaged blocks :confused: , it’s strange

another problem: the liteon is very slow for DAE ( digital audio extraction with audio CD ) when I use the excellent software EAC :

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

the DAE starts with very low speed: 2.5x ! :eek:

@ El Gringo
I wouldn’t be too concerned with the reading anomoly. It seems to be small and intermittent. I can’t explain it, though. Maybe the litey is a burner and the sony just a rom-reader… it is known that dvd-roms aren’t as good at scanning as dvd-burning drives

EAC rereads the disc several times to compare reads to get an…exact audio copy, so expect the slow speeds for perfection. For fun, you can try to compare who is the better reader between the sony and litey by using EAC with the same disc and see who reads faster, since the resulting files are (ideally) identical.