The problem I have is that my harddrive has stopped working so I’m unable to extract the OS from the old harddrive.
The model I have is a [I]DHR-9105P. [/I]If someone knows where I can get the firmware .bin file that needs to be written to the disk or can copy it from their working system and give me a download link that would be much appreciated.
[QUOTE=jeffrey_ghost;2624572]Dit is goed te gebruiken als je hdd de eerste sectors nog te lezen zijn.
I have a Daewoo DHR-8314. I just wanted a bigger HDD then 160GB.
So I searched what you need to do for WINDOWS!:
- Plug the HDD from the Daewoo in your PC.
- Download this program: https://rapidshare.com/files/2092882716/DMDE.7z
- Open the program and select the appropriate physical drive from Daewoo (Disk Management)
- Click: Mode> Hexadecimal. Then click Tools> Copy Sectors
Start sector: 0
End sector: 19999
Destination: Click "File"
And save where you can find it! It’s probably 10MB.
- Click OK and after done, unplug the HDD
- Plugin you’re new HDD and in the program click: Drive> Select Drive (you’re new HDD)
- Again Hexadecimal mode! Look all the way down of the list. Find the number of the last block!
- Tools> Fill Sectors:
Start sector: 0
End sector: That you’ve searched for
THIS MUST BE DONE, OTHERWISE IT WON’T WORK!!!
- Now again Tools> Copy Sectors
By source, select file and open the file you’ve saved in the beginning.
Destination: Start sector: 0
- You’re done!!
Plug the new HDD in you’re Daewoo product and if followed the steps.
It will give you the Daewoo boot up logo and immediately it will pop-up say: “Formatting Hard Disk”
I have now a 1TB HDD in my Daewoo!!! :D:D
You have now the OS System (.BIN file) of Daewoo on your computer for future reasons.[/QUOTE]