Daemon tools help

"

Error Based Protections

If you experience a lot of errors in the Log Window and the imaging seems to be taking forever, the disc is most likely protected by SafeDisc, LaserLock or RingPROTECH. The majority of the time it’s SafeDisc. Use a scanner from here to ID it. Got SafeDisc? This is what you do:
Download and install Daemon Tools. You will see an icon in your system tray. It can mount an image of your game for playing and it can emulate the protection. Try Left and Right-clicking the icon.
Choose SafeDisc from the emulation list.
Install the game
Put in, or leave in, the Play Disc.
Start the game and play it a little.
Leave the disc in
Now start your Backup App and choose the SafeDisc profile
The errors will be skipped in mere seconds.
This is now known as a fastdump image

"

I understand everything up to the leave the disc in but after that I’m confused. What does it mean by your Backup App and choosing the SafeDisc profile? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks mate. This information is already in one of FAQS :wink:

Originally posted by sirernie12
"I understand everything up to the leave the disc in but after that I’m confused. What does it mean by your Backup App and choosing the SafeDisc profile? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
It means using a software application such as CloneCD / Alcohol / Blindwrite with the appropriate settings (profile) for the protection scheme at hand.