Daemon Tools Crashes My PC

I used to run Daemon Tools on my old Win98SE pc with no problem, now I want to run it on my current pc. After downloading the latest version, the one just released a few days ago, I installed it. After a restart, after Daemon Tools got loaded, after about 5 secs, the pc just restarted. I actually left my pc to do something, half an hr later I found that it has been restarting over and over. So finally I used Safe Mode to disable it on startup, which stopped that, and then uninstalled it in Normal mode.

Anyone ever have this problem? Any solutions?

D-tool is such a power and DangerouS program, it do emulation pretty well but on some occasions it would ruin the low level system setting, such as ASPI layer, CDR/W drive not showing up on system, burning soft not functioning, or even complete instability of the system. It is at ebst a case by case solution. It runs NFS:HP2 though :wink:

But is there any workarounds or things to try? Please not hypothetical unless you have some confidence in its success, I’m not desperate for the program to risk crashing my pc and running into a serious problem during mid-term.

I don’t think the teachers would trust me when I tell em my pc crashed, too many ppl will be sayin the same thing. :slight_smile:

I use Virtual CD and love it. Works great and stable. They have a free demo at www.virtualcd-online.com

Peter

i installed daemon tools on my machine windows xp… works fine…

@Pdiedrich

Does Virtual CD also emulate some of the new protections like SD2?

@vishtaspa

I guess I’m having a string of bad luck.

After a restart, after Daemon Tools got loaded, after about 5 secs, the pc just restarted. I actually left my pc to do something, half an hr later I found that it has been restarting over and over

this hapened to me done my head in:a