Dae

my cd drive:LG GH22NS DVD RW 22X Black Sata

i installing the software EAC(V0.99 prebeta 5 ) at the moment and I need help.
in the DRIVE OPTIONS (There is a certain part)-Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information.
Now, I’m not sure what exactly to mark there,Where can I find an answer to whether my drive really can send c2 and to pass DAE tests According to my drive type?

Sincerely jonathan.

Hi and Welcome!

simply throw in an audio CD and let EAC discover the drive’s capabilities. :slight_smile: There should be a button for that.

Michael

That’s what I did but I want to be sure the results.
in the check EAC confirmed C2 and accurate stream.
But in different places people have told me this test is not sufficient and not reliably.
To be sure the drive has these features, they told me I had to do DAE quality test.
To continue the installation all I want to know is whether I need to do the test Or these features have already been tested and written somewhere on cd drive like As I have ?

[QUOTE=y-y;2580890]That’s what I did but I want to be sure the results.
in the check EAC confirmed C2 and accurate stream.
But in different places people have told me this test is not sufficient and not reliably.[/quote]Don’t worry.
There are basically 3 options.
Accurate Stream
C2
Buffer
EAC is checking, which of these options are applicable for your drive. If this more or less simple test is considered as unreliable by “experts”, what about all other features?

No, don’t get confused and enable or disable these 3 options according to the results of the drive check and you should be fine.

Michael
P.S.: There is a newer version than 0.99 prebeta5 available :slight_smile:

“No, don’t get confused and enable or disable these 3 options according to the results of the drive check and you should be fine”

I do not understand. Not act according to test results?
So by what act?

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_Drive_Options

The “Detect read features” indicates if the drive reports C2 capability - the Examine C2 feature tests that the drive DOES report C2 on a disc with defects.

Those still don’t confirm C2 accuracy.

So, if the known settings or test says:

1. Accurate stream - then check this, as it means that sync/reposition correction is not needed, and most drives are now accurate.
  2. Caching - is reported, set this, so that EAC will take cache flushing measures to ensure that re-reads are actually performed instead of cached.
  3. C2 if supported, can trade greater ripping speed, for a possible loss in accuracy depending on the drives C2 reporting accuracy - if in doubt, uncheck.

I thank you for the reply.

“3. C2 if supported, can trade greater ripping speed, for a possible loss in accuracy depending on the drives C2 reporting accuracy - if in doubt, uncheck”

If I mark UNCHECK The software performs the repairs itself if necessary?

http://www.angelfire.com/magic2/hq-audio/l/eac-setup-all.html#Extraction Method tab

If your drive supports C2 at all, then the options for Secure mode are:

C2 unchecked - use double read and compare to determine soft errors - this is slowest but most accurate.
C2 checked - use C2 report to determine errors, use retry sequence to correct
C2 and “Use C2 error information for error correction” - tries to correct/interpolate using C2, and while a lot of drives are accurate enough to detect errors, very few have good enough C2 handling for correction.