DAE w/EAC

vbimport

Hi.

A quick question about extracting audio using EAC:

If your original CDs are in good shape, and you've got a good drive (like my LiteOn 40125S/ZS07 :slight_smile: ), do you need to have EAC keep the speed down and error-checking enabled?

Obviously, I'd love to let it rip at full speed when copying my CDs, but not if it's going to result in crappy copies.

Thanks!!

d

When you have a drive with great DAE capabilities (Plextor is still the best in this I think), no need to speed down.

true true :slight_smile:

If you want the most perfect copy possible, you always need to use the secure reading method of EAC! If that is not important to you than you could use the burst method for reading, but if you do that you could use any other program which can rip audio tracks as well… like Feurio, Nero or CloneCD for example.

If you still want to use the secure method but you want to speed things up, you could let EAC rely on reported C2 errors when reading the audio. If the drive supports the report of C2 errors this could speed up things considerably, I am not sure if your drive does C2 errors, I also have the ltr-40125s (zsoa), but it fails the C2 error test from EAC and Feurio…

For DAE I will always use my Plextor px-40ts, it rips cd’s mostly at around 18 speed in the secure mode, without c2 help!

:smiley:

Thanks for your help, guys.

Upp3rd0G:

I’m not sure about older firmware, but the ZS0J does seem to support C2. After hearing this from various folks on the LTR forum, I did my own test: I checked a newly burned audio disc in pristine condition, and it didn’t give any errors. Then I scratched the disc up and checked it again; loads of errors!

Does that sound like a reasonable test methodology? If we assume that C2 does work, is it okay to rely on, or is Secure/Accurate Stream better? (I sure do like the speed C2 gives: generally between 20x and 25x, I’m finding)

Thanks again!
Dave