DADfab 5 problem

vbimport

NOW that I FINALLY found a place for help I Hope! I did the upgraded to FAB 5 Platiinum and it won’t work, it starts then closes, if no disk is in the drive I can keep the software open, as soon as a source disk is put in it starts to read it then the software closes. I did a clean install and followed other adice on this forum, any other ideas, or I would like to go back to version 4. It seems version 5 has many issues!
Thanks for any info you can share.
Tom

PS. I did get the new key!

6lumbar

Welcome to CDFreaks
Which FAB 5 Plat version are you trying to load?
What OS do you have?
Need a little more info to help, You can also read around here and get some of your answers.

bean55

bean55, Thank you for your reply, I am using windows XP media center edition and dvdfab 5025. I did read around the forum and tried some of the other suggestions to no avail.
Thanks Again, Tom

6lumbar
Did you check out this page: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/software-does-not-work-245724/

Try a clean complete uninstall ( follow stormjumpers sig for directions )
Did you download from the official site?

Hope this helps.
bean55

Hi 6lumbar and I second beans’ welcome and advice,

Please run Fengtao’s registry patch, follow the link bean provided…post #10.
Also, as he suggested, be certain you have the css version from Fab.com and not the non-css version from Fab.net:wink:

Thread moved from Gen Software to here. :clap:

[QUOTE=6lumbar;2066973]I am also having the same problem, I have tried most all the fix ideas on here and they didn’t work. I am also not very happy, this version should have been tested before release, now I have a product I purchased and it DOES NOT WORK. How long will the fix take.?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=6lumbar;2066985]Fengtao wrote" May 26th
Version 5.0.2.5. is out".

And mine has not worked since![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=6lumbar;2067678]My reply to maineman, this is why I have issues with this forum for support. This takes to much time.
To answer one more time, I have done a clean install, I did install from the .com. I tried the fix patch, that also did not work.
When I open the program it starts to read the disk then 5 seconds later the program closes. I also see I am not the only one having problems. As far as being vague, What else would you like to know.! I am willing to try!
Thanks Much,
Tom[/QUOTE]
Ok, here is a compilation of all your posts, ever, exclusive of the ones already in this thread .
I chose to respond here, since it’s the only central location, relatively anyway.

As to[I] “… this is why I have issues with this forum for support. This takes to much time…”[/I]
This is an international forum. It is completely voluntary and no one is “compensated” for his or her time.
Like most members here, I enjoy the comaraderie, I enjoy helping folks out, I enjoy getting help when I need it and this forum is an outstanding and constant source of my continuing education with this stuff.

Again, like most members, I have a life, a family, a job, a career, etc., etc.
Sometimes, I choose to spend some leisure time here and I respond to members where and when I choose.
This forum is likewise voluntary for you.

[I]“To answer one more time, I have done a clean install, I did install from the .com. I tried the fix patch, that also did not work.”[/I]
This is the first and only time that you actually said what you had tried…subsequent to the advice you received on your original thread.
Additionally, I had to search for it…:rolleyes:
Hence my former use of the term “vague”.

It is also noteworthy to mention that three other members responded to you and two actually queried as to your problems, but you did not respond to them.

I’m frankly perplexed as to why a functional adult would not at least respond to other members who have posted and offered advice, particularly in his own thread, but elsewhere as well. I would think this is simply, a common courtesy. It also provides specific information about your problem and serves as a foundation for more info and advice.
Moreover, why would you think that people are going to chase you around the forum on the chance that you’ll see and perhaps respond to the advice that you originally sought?

We are all Volunteers here. We try our best. There must be thousands of configurations out there, we give the best advice possiblr with the information given. 99% of the owners of DVD Fab have no issues. The ones that do usually come here and solve them. Unfortunately, we cannot solve them all. We can only try. Maybe there is a conflict with other software, I am just guessing but I would try adding the .exe to my A/V program first, it sounds as if the A/V might be rejecting it.

I am glad 99% of other 'Owners" aren’t having problems, but that does not help me, nor do I wish to spend time on trying to fix a problem I didn’t have until the update, I also think perhaps maineman you spend to much time on here to find faults instead of helping, I was reading through other post to see what solutions other people had luck with. I also sent and email for help (as per there site) after reading ideas from the forum to DVDfan and still got no reply. If it was freeware I wouldn’t mind looking for answers on here, but when you pay for a program you expect it work. I also don’t believe that 99% of others are not having problems.
In the future please respond like an adult to me or don’t respond at all. I don’t need your snide comments.! I need someone that can fix the problem! To everyone else THANK YOU for ideas! they are much appreciated!
Sincerely,
Tom

[quote=6lumbar;2067971]I am glad 99% of other 'Owners" aren’t having problems, but that does not help me, nor do I wish to spend time on trying to fix a problem I didn’t have until the update, I also think perhaps maineman you spend to much time on here to find faults instead of helping, I was reading through other post to see what solutions other people had luck with. I also sent and email for help (as per there site) after reading ideas from the forum to DVDfan and still got no reply. If it was freeware I wouldn’t mind looking for answers on here, but when you pay for a program you expect it work. I also don’t believe that 99% of others are not having problems.
[B]In the future please respond like an adult to me or don’t respond at all. I don’t need your snide comments.![/B] I need someone that can fix the problem! To everyone else THANK YOU for ideas! they are much appreciated!
Sincerely,
Tom[/quote] These types of answers are unacceptable. Please refrain from posting if you cannot be polite. I think this thread has run its course. I will close it now.:cop: