Da Vinci Code

When trying to back up my copy of The Da Vinci Code using Nero 7 and ANY DVD i get a VOBU address is out of bounds error. Possibly due to an incorrect DVD structure.

Any ideas?

Try to rip the dvd with the integrated anydvd ripper to the hdd. The try to open it with nero.

So I just load the DVD and copy it to the hard drive, then try to recode it onto a smaller DVD?

You can try to use elby CloneDVD to rip to Harddisk and use Recode on the Output.

This movie isn’t even released yet??? I know I’m waiting on it myself.

You see the little red fox in the right lower corner of the screen. Right click it and you will see “Rip Video-DVD to harddisk”. Left click. The anydvd ripper will open. Select source and directory and click “Copy dvd”. If this is finished (takes about 25 minutes). You can now use nero on the copied files on the harddrive.

I suppose you have anydvd 6.0.8.0.? If not please upgrade it.

Information about anydvd ripper from slysoft:

This little tool repairs defective DVDs
while copying them to your harddisk. It can be started from the menu of
the AnyDVD fox icon. It can be started as a stand alone application from
the start menu as well, so it can be used even if AnyDVD is not registered
and the trial period has expired.
It is identical to FixVTS (http://www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS/) but instead
of fixing problems “in place” it copies the files to your harddisk directly
from the source DVD. It fixes the problems while the files are copied.

Cheers people!!

I used CloneDVD in the end and it has worked a treat!!

I shall be buying the licencse when I am paid on Friday!!

Bye for now… :slight_smile:

Still to rent or buy this DVD if it is the 2006 version it isn’t released till 11/14/06.

Region 2 Greek version was released 2 weeks ago…

UK Released last week.

I guess the latest version of AD is working fine with R2 titles
That is good to know

Today it’s out in Italy. The extended 2-disc version is 28 minutes more long then the theatrical 1-disc version! No problem with AnyDVD 6.0.8.2 & CloneDVD 2.9.0.1 for both versions!!!

I copied the USA Da Vinci Code fine with Anydvd 6.0.8.0 and clonedvd2 2.9.0.1 without any issues. Works like a champ

DVDFab Decrypter also works.

Who cares?

Yes it worked perfectly, CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD, no problems.

here alan, bid you manage to copy the subtitles from the latin speaking parts only, as in madbobs post in the clonedvd forum

I do. :slight_smile:

Sounds like he was just trying to provide info for comparison. Not necessarily advocating it over AnyDVD.

Should be no harm in helping. Sometimes other apps may get the updates to decrypt it before AnyDVD does. It happens.

No reason to rag on the dude.

Today is the US release - gonna maybe pick it up today and decrypt it with something and try using my fave DVD Shrink to clip off the extras and watch it raw. Hope it don’t blow chunks.

Reason being is that there is a section for this as this is an anydvd section to offer help with anydvd not to say try this or that.

Good luck :smiley:

There is a dedicated CD Freaks DVDFab Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116) where Forum Member olc posting # 14 comment would be on topic and more appropriately discussed there than in the AnyDVD Forum.

Regards,
bjkg