D2 LOD SecureRom new

vbimport

Im having some strage problems buring this expansion disk of diablo II Lord of Destruction.

I tried the secure rom settings, game profile, ClonyXXX. I have copied SecureRom disks before but not the SecureRom new protection. I have the LG and is listed as Hl-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B Updated FMware 2.01

The SD2 profile actually worked the best. It was able to load the game, go to battlenet, join game but it would never finish joining the game. Original would join the game.

With secureRom settings

My NEC CDROM and my 1st sons generic CDROM reads ok
My 2nd sons 52x Pine CDROM says Please Insert Game Disk?

I looked on the back of the cd and there is noticably a blank area compared to the original.

I now have many new coasters so went to CDRW disk. Any problems there testing this way?

Another forum posted this:

The 16x LG writer and the lite on 24102B have some problems copying the newest version of securom. (Specially Warcraft III)
Looks like it is a chipset problem if I am right both are using the same mediatek chipset

Any ideas. BTW, great discussions!

tim:eek:

The SD2 profile actually worked the best. It was able to load the game, go to battlenet, join game but it would never finish joining the game. Original would join the game.

With secureRom settings

My NEC CDROM and my 1st sons generic CDROM reads ok
My 2nd sons 52x Pine CDROM says Please Insert Game Disk?

Your LG shouldn’t have too many troubles with D2 or any other SecuRom New protected game(burning should be no problem’s,don’t know what there like as a reader)

Just read subs(data/audio) and burn(close last session)The speed is up to you(turn the read/burn speeds down if you want,it might help)

As for the Please Insert Game Disk on the Pine rom,thats coz is reading the atip so use the Hide CDR Media funtion in the CloneCD tool tray.

I now have many new coasters so went to CDRW disk. Any problems there testing this way?

Always,always either use a CD-RW or Daemon tools etc if your not sure if your have read something right.Why waste CD-R,personally i’d rather fart around for 5 mins with Daemon tools or take the extra time to burn to a CD-RW than waste a CD-R,there’s no need to make coasters.

Looks like it is a chipset problem if I am right both are using the same mediatek chipset

I’ve have a Asus 4012a which uses the mediatek chip and sofar haven’t had a problem with any of the new games yet including Warcraft 3

Thanks for the help.

I will look for the tool. This maybe easier than cutting a CDRW.

Also, I thought only CDRW’s could read the ATIP and not CDROMS? Is there any other way around this ATIP problem besided the hide option in Clone. I was hoping not to have to load special patches or software on my kids computers. Im already getting overwhelmed with support questions from them… ;-}

tim

Also, I thought only CDRW’s could read the ATIP and not CDROMS?

Some CD Roms and DVD player read atip,many will say the don’t but thats another a difference of opinion.

As for Daemon tools,go here:http://www.daemon-tools.com
Daemon is quite simple to use,you shouldn’t have any trouble.

Is there any other way around this ATIP problem besided the hide option in Clone. I was hoping not to have to load special patches or software on my kids computers.

There’s 2 way is either run CloneCD with the Hide CDR Media(this is the easiest way,CloneCD doesn’t need to be running you only have to have the Hide CDR Media checked in the tool bar)or read the image to the hard drive and run the game direct of the hard drive(this is the hard way,good if you don’t want to worry about putting cd’s in and out but it take up heeps of room on the hard drive(any where around the 700 mb+ mark for most games now per disc)

There’s one more way,if you got the spare cash,get another CD Rom for the kids.If possable try to get another NEC Rom(you know they work)

Do CloneCD .ccd images work with Daemon? I think they are just .bins right? So I guess it should work. What is the best way to get the securom2 settings from Clony into CloneCD?

yes .ccd images work with daemon tools. To check if you have a good image or not DO NOT tick any emulation just load the image and it will work if it is a proper 1:1 image.:slight_smile: