D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP: file not found

vbimport

When trying to copy certain unencrypted movie DVDs, I get the following error message in CloneDVD:

D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP: file not found

Does anyone know the workaround for this?

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Simply rip again the disc and be sure that you rip all files

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve tried it multiple times. On other DVD titles, everything works well. I am following the usual procedure: choosing the “clone DVD” filmstrip. Then on the next screen, browsing to and selecting the D: drive. (Curious, though: on the two DVDs, that I’m having the error message on, when I browse to the D: drive, the movie title doesn’t come up–just “logical label”).

And then, when I click on next, I get that error message.

What movie is it? It seems a bad authored movie. Do it play regularly on a standalone?

The movie is “The Truth That Is Always Present”. It’s an unencrypted spiritual DVD by a teacher named Adyashanti. I have about 10 of his movies to copy, and all of the newer ones work fine. The two older movies, from 2003, have a different label and production company, and they don’t copy.

Each of the two movies play okay in a DVD player. However, they start up differently than most movies. When you put it in the player, it doesn’t seem to have a normal start menu. Right away, you have to choose between two options: “start the movie” or “chapter select”. Maybe the different format is fouling up CloneDVD??

Can you try to backup it with dvd shrink? Maybe it works better with this old movie.

Thanks. I’ll give DVDShrink a try, and let you know.

Make sure you are using v.5.9.4.1 of AnyDVD. Update if not. Rip the movie to your HDD with AnyDVD’s new ripper feature. That should correct and authoring/navagation defects. Then point CloneDVD to process that folder from the HDD as if it were the original. If your having trouble with CloneDVD, it is rare that Shrink would solve the problem.

Whisperer.

The question is - do the original discs contain the .bup files, e.g. VTS_01_0.BUP which CloneDVD says is missing?

Tru, the BUP files ARE present.

Anyway, DVDShrink DID work, so I’m all set… I’ll also try the AnyDVD ripper, just to see if it works.

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions.