Cycling Tray?

vbimport

Greetings:
I use DVD Flick to burn my DVDs. IT opens “ImgBurn” to actually do the burning (after about 4 hours of processing).

It does everything so fast and is always so busy when I see it, that I don’t want to interrupt it while it’s working, then poof, it’s gone.

How can I access it outside of DVD Flick? It doesn’t appear on the start menu.

The reason I ask is to find if I can disable the “cycling tray” bit.

You see, my old DVD burner could open and close the tray, but my new slim LiteOn DVD burner can’t close it again (so the process can finish). This means I must set my clock about 3 1/2 hours after I start the burn process, so I can be awake to close the tray again.

Can I make it leave the tray alone? (why does it even do that in the first place?)

Now, speaking of ImgBurn, I see a post here about a newer version available. How can I update mine (since I can’t even find it hiding inside DVD Flick)?

Thanks,
Gary

I answered your question in the Newbie section, but you can install ImgBurn separately from DVDFlick.

Use one of these mirrors to download the program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

To keep it from cycling the tray, click on Write files/folders to disc, then take the check mark out of the Verify box.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2683095]I answered your question in the Newbie section, but you can install ImgBurn separately from DVDFlick.

Use one of these mirrors to download the program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

To keep it from cycling the tray, click on Write files/folders to disc, then take the check mark out of the Verify box.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!; more dumb questions:

If ImgBurn is installed seperately, how does DVD Flick know where it is and how to control it (as it is now, from within)?

Now, the cycle tray box I need to uncheck, you mean in ImgBurn, right? (not DVD Flick?)

Thanks much,
Gary

DVDFlick probably has a routine that checks to see if ImgBurn is installed. That check may only run during the installation of DVDFlick, I don’t know for certain, as I have stopped using DVDFlick and have replaced it with AVStoDVD.

Removing the check mark from the [B]Verify[/B] box is done within ImgBurn.

If you still want to run verification of the data, and not have the tray open and close, you can go into Tools–>Settings within ImgBurn, click on the Write tab and remove the check mark from the box for Cycle tray before Verify. Then click on Ok to save the settings.

Ok, thanks, got it. I’ll have to search my machine and see what I can find on ImgBurn and where it’s hiding. While it’s running, it looks like any other program, with a menu top left, and I always want to investigate what all is there and what it can do, but it always has another busy screen over it and I don’t want to mess anything up.

Heck, if I can access it, it probably has provisions to update itself, right where it sits. Cool.:slight_smile:

G.

I found it. I don’t understand most of that, but I made two small changes on what I do understand. I found the cycling tray part and changed that, and I told it to default audio CDs to .wav format. Glad it has a restore defaults button though.

I made a shortcut so I can directly access it. It does indeed have auto-update capabilities. It’s a pretty sharp program; it’s “active” i.e. it looks around every few minutes to see what’s happening. It knows the LiteOn burner and knew it was not plugged in at the time. It’s ready to jump right on it when it’s available.

Me so happy. :smiley:

Thanks much!

With some burners tray cycling is necesary to flush the obsolete (burn) info before verify…