Cyclic redundancy check

am having trouble with clone dvd, it gets about half way through and it post a message error cyclic redundancy check it is a read error, but what do i do about it,

Podfish

(Cyclic Redundancy Check) or CRC Error

This can happen on various reasons:

1 ) dvd media is dirty - you can try to clean it
2 ) dvd media is damaged , you have to replace it
3 ) your drive is a region locked rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and try to read a dvd from a different region.
You can try to find a rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com
4) your drive is an rpc2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. try to assign one, or try to find a rpc1 patched firmware.

The link is there takes you too the firmware page.

To find the firmware you currently have use this :

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DVDInfoPro

If it’s not scratched or dirty I suggest returning it and get another one due to the manufacturer bad press (burn).

If it’s not scratched that bad LG GSA10N or Pioneer DVR111 might be able to read it. It happened to me several times then I just switch drive it had hard time to read it but finally it went through. Neither of my BenQ DW1655 nor 1640 could do it.

I also had huge problems with my old burner reading Sony ARccOS protected disc while using AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 was juts full of CRC errors - I found that I had to use AnyDVD to slow my drive down to slow and quiet and it would read the whole disc no problem.

Note: this was a problem with my drive not AnyDVD!!