Cyberlink Power Dvd Software Problem--CL HELPER.EXE the problem

vbimport

I went to open Cyberlink BD Suite , Version 7.3 I believe to run a DVD on my newest computer & the message came up as follows:

“CL HELPER.EXE has encountered a problem” .As a result I cannot play a regular DVD nor a Blue Ray from this computer. I uninstalled the software & reinstalled it but the same problem. I gather there must be something implanted in the registry & I don’t know how to solve the problem or HOW it got there. It has always worked fine since I installed it over a year ago.

Can someone give me instructions on how to remove the problem, namely CL HELPER.EXE.

I’m sure this thread goes elsewhere so I would appreciate it very much if someone in the know would move it to where it belongs.

This could go in the Software forum, but is fine right here Pwanjo. I’ll move it if you prefer it elsewhere, just let me know.

Cyberlink has a cleaner program for versions 8,9, and 10 but I couldn’t find one for version 7. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page
You can contact Cyberlink directly for instructions.

You could also try a registry cleaner that isn’t specifically aimed at this software. Something like CCCleaner.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Do you or anybody have any idea if It would be safe to DELETE this file found in C:Windows\Prefetch. It is shown as:“CL HELPER .EXE-1D3DCH3.pf.” I’m thinking that I might be able to reinstall the program & have it work without this file. Can someone tell me if I would have to go in to the Registry & remove anything?
I would appreciate any constructive comments?

Go into the program and uninstall it then download CCCleaner (free) and run that and it should take out the stuff in the registry like Mr. Kerry stated in post 2 then try to reinstall the program

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2572770]Go into the program and uninstall it then download CCCleaner (free) and run that and it should take out the stuff in the registry like Mr. Kerry stated in post 2 then try to reinstall the program[/QUOTE]

I have CC Cleaner on my computer BUT I’m not sure how to use it. Once I load it, do I go into Registery & scan for issues, or do I leave it in Cleaner & Analyze everything under Windows. I’m really not sure what to do.

Can you help?

i have this , and all i did to get rid of it was goto the directory it is in and change the extension of the file name to something else , then it never loads up or gets detected , i havent had any issues since i did it .

Hi ghosts. Do U mean change the extension “EXE” or the “pf” one? Here is the file below:
“CL HELPER .EXE-1D3DCH3.pf.”

I had already deleted the file & it seems to work the couple of times I tried it since reinstalling but just in case on UPDATING through Cyberlink it comes back it would be nice to know.

Thanks to all who have commented to date.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2572916]I have CC Cleaner on my computer BUT I’m not sure how to use it. Once I load it, do I go into Registery & scan for issues, or do I leave it in Cleaner & Analyze everything under Windows. I’m really not sure what to do.

Can you help?[/QUOTE] open ccleaner and on left hand side highlite registry and make sure every box is checked then at the bottom of screen click on scan for issues, when it finishes scaning click on fix selected issues it will ask if you want to backup before it deletes them I would say yes, thats all there is to it

i am having the same trouble. i used CCleaner to clean up the registry entries. i saw them in the list of issues before i pressed fix selected issues.

i even went to the C:\Windows\Prefetch folder to delete the prefetch file. the problem still remains.

i cannot play blu rays anymore. it was working fine yesterday. i don’t know what happened. why would it stop working all of a sudden?