Cyberhome dvr1600 help?

vbimport

Well I’ve been reading nonstop on this player trying to figure out how to get it to play divx like so many people say it can. I can play xvid on mine perfectly, but it won’t play divx 4 or 5. I’ve learned that this is a clone of the Ilo DVDR05, so I was thinking that perhaps I could use a firmware from that player and put it on mine. Then I found a firmware on a german site (http://www.dv-rec.de/) which is supposed to play divx. Unfortunetly that firware turned the dvd recorder to PAL, so the screen was black and white and rolling real fast. Haven’t found a way to change it over to NTSC with that so I’m stuck. If anyone can shed some light on this, preferably which firmware I could use for divx playback, I would really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard to the CD Freaks forum :slight_smile:

I’m rather surprised there was not a restriction in place to prevent the accidental loading of a foreign firmware, since most other manufacturers will reject firmware that is not of the DVD Recorder’s region, for example, a German model of the LVW-1105HC+ will not accept UK firmware. Another unusual thing is that going by the manual, there is no option to choose between PAL and NTSC on your model, so it seems like the hardware capability is there, but is controlled by the firmware.

Anyway, seeing that you managed to get PAL firmware installed, I would imagine that it should be straight forward enough to put back on the official firmware. While it may not have DivX support, having a picture is better than a B&W rolling picture with DivX support. :stuck_out_tongue:

The following page is Cyberhome’s official firmware download page:
http://www.cyberhome.com/downloads.asp?Product=1600

Going by the firmware updating steps, it seems that all you need to do is select ‘Yes’ after loading the firmware update disc and even with a rapidly rolling picture, you should still be able to make out whether the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ is highlighted. The tray will eject when the firmware update is complete, so even if you cannot see the firmware update progress on screen, at least you’ll know when it completes.

Hopefully the official firmware update does not perform a check to see if firmware from a different region is present.

Good luck! :wink:

The Cyberhome 1600s come in different versions with at least 3 different chipsets. At least one of the chipsets does not support DivX playback (the ZU version maybe??), so you may have that one.

Hi. I have same problem, but when i was update the firmware, the output has changed to NTSC from PAL.
Do you have firmware what can support the PAL output?
You can send me the image by E-mail?

THX
KoWee

Nobody here?