It doesn’t even seem to recognize that anything is there, even when I push “Eject” on the menu it doesn’t do anything. I can open up the drive but that seems to be it.
I’ve tried the following:
- Uninstall drive, let Windows re-install it upon bootup
- Reburn disc in question
- Put in different discs to see if it will work
- Use reburned disc in DVD drive instead [the disc works fine]
- Use “eject” option on menu (the drive doesn’t do anything)
- Go through Registry and edit it to make it a rewritable drive
- Update drivers
- Set boot priority so that the CD-Drive booted first (it just gives me a black window with the cursor blinking until I open the CD drive, then windows boots normally)
The interesting thing is, the drive seemed to work with MagicISO-- I burned a CD with it. But now it doesn’t even seem to recognize a disc is even in the drive. I put a lot of different discs in and it doesn’t start to hum like it normally would if it was trying to recognize a disc.
I’m using Windows XP, and if you need to know any more information I’d be happy to give it.