Cyberdrive & OEM

vbimport

Ok - can't find anything by searching thru the forums, so I figured I'd simply ask it. I've seen a few reviews on the cheapo 16x12x40 Cyberdrive out there, and went out and got one for my brother to replace his CDRom drive (he wanted to spend 40 USD to replace the reader, I convinved him to spend 10 more to get the writer). Now I'm having a difficult time trying to find any more of these drives to buy, as I've got some clients who want to get themselves some cheap burners. The drive isn't the best out there, but from what I've been reading, it's not the worst either. Yes - I know you can buy a lite-on burner for like 20-30 more.. but now I'm seeing an OEM drive of Cyberdrive supposedly called Optorite. I can't find any information on the net about them whatsoever, except that they have a 16x10x40 drive that is supposed to be OEM of Cyberdrive. But I'm skeptical of buying a drive that Cyberdrive doesn't have on their site, nor does any site have a review. However - a price of USD $37 makes it worth buying just to try it.. right? Thoughts?

Thanks.

--cue79

For the money I would go with a lite-on drive but I know that is not what you are asking or what you want. So here is a link that should have just what it is that you are looking for. here and if they don’t have it then try here I know that they have retail cyberdrive bunners.

Try to mail Cyberdrive and ask if they still produce cdrw drives.
If not…do not sell them to clients…you might get problems with warenties.

Quite frankly these clients don’t really care too much :slight_smile: They are getting 2 brand new Dells and giving this box to the “grandmother” so it really doesn’t matter. Just more of a temporary fix. As far as Lite On Drives go - that’s what I’m buying for meself - until the new Plex combo drive comes out. Thanks for the advice.