CyberDrive CW078D Help

vbimport

Hey guys. Hope you can help me with this.
I have Win98SE, and a CyberDrive CW078D CD-R/RW High Speed Burner. Firmware is 150E. I also have Nero 5.5 with InCD, Nero Fast Burning Plugin, and Roxio CD Burning Plugin for Windows Media Player 9. I can’t use the Roxio Plugin because it keeps telling me that I have to download the Easy CD Creator which I don’t want. When I use the Nero Plugin, I can’t burn with CD-Rs. I use Memorex CDR’s. When I burn with CD-RWs, I use either Memorex, or Maxell. With the CDRs, it gives me a Burn Fail message. When I burn with CDRWs, sometimes it works, but with no data on the CD, and sometimes it fails with the same error message. A while I got it to work, but now I can’t burn anything. How do I fix this?

I had one of those drives a few years back. Totasl waste of time and money. Firmware update would not install and never got it to burn right. There were several discussions back then of others with the same problem. Good luck but my solution was to get a LiteOn :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: