CX2D 3.3.096 - Hangs at "Writing - 0.0%" (Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]So, I have been a long time reader of this forum, but until now was able to have all my questions answered simply by reading. I have not seen a reference to this particular error and I hope it is a simple fix or something I have overlooked.

I have been using CX2D for quite some time, it has always worked perfectly. I have recently had to rebuild this current PC from scratch and as such have a new Samsung DVD-RW drive (TS-H653B).

CD2X converts my DivX video no problem, however, when it comes to burning the DVD, it simply says “Writing - 0.0%” at the bottom of the window. The DVD spins up, appears to write and then simply stops with no further access to the drive. I have left this for close to an hour and there is no further progress. Cancelling the operation simply causes the programme to hang until the only option is to exit the task through Windows Task Manager. After this has ended I am then unable to eject the DVD from the drive until the PC is restarted (!).

Upon further inspection of the burned DVD, CD2X has successfully named it, but there is nothing on it.

I have then successfully used Nero to burn the created DVD volume onto another blank DVD. Then I have inserted this into a standalone player and it works perfectly.

My media is fine as these are the same DVD’s I have used previously with CD2X with no problems whatsoever.

I have tried tinkering with the settings in CD2X electing for “SAO preferred” as I have read this solves some issues but the same thing happens again.

Is this a known error with this model of DVD drive and CD2X, as I am able to use other programmes to burn MP3 CD’s, DVD ISOS etc… I can always use CD2X to convert but this is getting to the point where I am banging my head against the wall and creating coaster upon coaster in the process.

Many thanks in advance for any advice offered!!

Shink

[QUOTE=Shink;2164766][qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]So, I have been a long time reader of this forum, but until now was able to have all my questions answered simply by reading. I have not seen a reference to this particular error and I hope it is a simple fix or something I have overlooked.

I have been using CX2D for quite some time, it has always worked perfectly. I have recently had to rebuild this current PC from scratch and as such have a new Samsung DVD-RW drive (TS-H653B).

CD2X converts my DivX video no problem, however, when it comes to burning the DVD, it simply says “Writing - 0.0%” at the bottom of the window. The DVD spins up, appears to write and then simply stops with no further access to the drive. I have left this for close to an hour and there is no further progress. Cancelling the operation simply causes the programme to hang until the only option is to exit the task through Windows Task Manager. After this has ended I am then unable to eject the DVD from the drive until the PC is restarted (!).

Upon further inspection of the burned DVD, CD2X has successfully named it, but there is nothing on it.

I have then successfully used Nero to burn the created DVD volume onto another blank DVD. Then I have inserted this into a standalone player and it works perfectly.

My media is fine as these are the same DVD’s I have used previously with CD2X with no problems whatsoever.

I have tried tinkering with the settings in CD2X electing for “SAO preferred” as I have read this solves some issues but the same thing happens again.

Is this a known error with this model of DVD drive and CD2X, as I am able to use other programmes to burn MP3 CD’s, DVD ISOS etc… I can always use CD2X to convert but this is getting to the point where I am banging my head against the wall and creating coaster upon coaster in the process.

Many thanks in advance for any advice offered!!

Shink[/QUOTE]
I have just installed this version and I have no problems burning but it could be some poor media. What kind are you using? SAO Preferred is usually good for dash media, I use + media and it seems to work fine, let me try that setting with dash media and I will get back to you. What burning speed are you using in the settings.

I’m using Datawrite DVD - R discs. Like I say, I have never had any issues previously using these discs with CX2D. Everything worked fine.

Using 4X speed in settings.

Thanks for your reply!

Shink

Do you have anyother type of -media? It could be something as simple as a bad batch of media or just a poor disc. I have some TYG02 8X dash that I will try and post back. I just got this version also.

I don’t have any other media to hand at the moment. Bizarre that all my other burning programmes work fine with this DVD drive though. I was figuring it was software related.

I will buy a couple of Verbatims when I’m next down-town and report back.

Still open to other possible solutions!!

Thanks for your reply Alan,

Shink

[QUOTE=Shink;2164828]I don’t have any other media to hand at the moment. Bizarre that all my other burning programmes work fine with this DVD drive though. I was figuring it was software related.

Shink[/QUOTE] It just might be media like Alan said. Let do some testing on this new version, I bet its something that we overlooked in the settings.

[quote=Shink;2164828]I don’t have any other media to hand at the moment. Bizarre that all my other burning programmes work fine with this DVD drive though. I was figuring it was software related.

Shink[/quote]
Anytime Shink, I am always here to help. I love this program and if there is a glitch I will report it to VSO. They are always interested in forum feedback.

Likewise, love the programme, hence why I’m so distraught this new version & DVD drive don’t seem to get along.

I mean, I can still get the desired result although I now have to use two programmes, which isn’t really ideal I have to admit.

I will try the new media and if that doesn’t work, I will even dig out the old (4-5 years?) DVD burner which I KNOW worked. If there’s no solution in the meantime. Should be interesting to see what happens there.

Shink

[quote=Shink;2164838]Likewise, love the programme, hence why I’m so distraught this new version & DVD drive don’t seem to get along.

I mean, I can still get the desired result although I now have to use two programmes, which isn’t really ideal I have to admit.

I will try the new media and if that doesn’t work, I will even dig out the old (4-5 years?) DVD burner which I KNOW worked. If there’s no solution in the meantime. Should be interesting to see what happens there.

Shink[/quote] Hey I forgot to Welcome you to the forum, and say have a Happy Holiday. Good to have you here Shink.:slight_smile:

Same problem with 3.3.4.106… what on earth? Converts exactly, crashes into the ground (hangs) when trying to write.