CVT file source?

Hi Guys,

I dug up a Sony DRU-810a and I’d like to crossflash it. I have BQFlasher, but the only site I can find that’s still up that has CVT files is http://dvd-rw.hoppy.tk/user.php?xoops_redirect=%2Fuser.php and when I try to register it lets moe go through everything and when I finish it says it’s unable to register new user and that’s it! Grrrrr! :a

Any sites with CVT files still up, or can someone pm me a BSLB CVT file?

Thanks!

Steve

Do you have a DRU-810A (1640 clone) or DRU-810A-R (1650 clone) ? Taking the wrong cvt file kills the drive.

It’s an 810a, 1640 clone.

Thanks for the reminder - I’ve read most of the board (yeah, I have no life!) and I saw where this creeped up. They’ve also got it noted on the BQFlasher sticky.

Now if I could just find one of those darn CVT files! Any would work as I could up/downgrade with the official firmware once it thinks it’s a 1640.

TTYL,

Steve

AFAIK, BQFlasher could flash a .EXE BenQ Firmware file

Too bad, I have only BSLB.EXE file

If you want it, just give me a PM :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DimeDeviL;1968165]AFAIK, BQFlasher could flash a .EXE BenQ Firmware file

Too bad, I have only BSLB.EXE file

If you want it, just give me a PM :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I didn’t realize that - it didn’t come with documentation and though I have scanned most of the list archives I must’ve missed that.

Oh well, a kind soul hooked me up with a copy of the CVT file. :slight_smile:

I tried BQFlasher though and it wouldn’t work - it didn’t have any drives listed in the window and trying the pull down menu just turned the blank line blue. I could load the CVT file, but couldn’t select the drive? :confused:

I had converted my 1620 to a 1620 Pro way back when I got it so I dug around a bit and I came across a copy of WinDWFlash and it worked like a charm! :smiley:

THANKS Guys!

Steve

Here’s the first burn. :bigsmile:

1640 [B]ALWAYS[/B] amazed me :slight_smile: