~~~ customs and EMS~~~~

PRETEND i bought something…say a toy…in malayasia, which with careful examination and decent knowledge in japanese cartoons you’ll all concur that it definitely violates IPR if i teleport you all to my room where it’s at now. moving on…

ok, let’s say the item contains a isbn code with authentic packaging and unless one is decently knowledgeable one will not be able to see through this “disguise” and thus no reason to doubt it’s authenticity. moving along…

so… i want it shipped to the united kingdom, or to other countries which has strict strict customs and tough IPR enforcement, i’d like to know the following:

if i ship/export this to a country with strict copyright laws and customs this questionable item which is not a weapon nor of grotesque appearance or nature yet it only takes one young fella with enough…urm…experience in…youth stuff… and…hip knowledge to recognize it for it’s true nature…i guess what i’m trying to say is, if i ship this item that is a toy or another item CDFREAKS which can be commonly found in your car and home cdfreaks what are the chances it’ll get confiscated in customs? can they actually tell the product is in violation of IPR?

alright pretend they found out after they hired some kid around the block who knows this type of stuff, so what action will they take against me and the person i’m shipping to, let’s pretend that this person i’m shipping the item to had provided me with HIS HOME address, what will HIS consequences be? i’m very concern of his well being, is he going to get arrested?

pretend i got arrested and forced to give out every detail regarding this transaction to be used against him, suppose i don’t mind going to jail because i’m a BADASS, what are the chances that…with the evidence i presented, will it make things worst? let’s pretend HE DOESN"T KNOW THE ITEM cdfreaks VIOLATES IPR because it’s made by a well known company who likes to break rules but is still operating legally in malaylasia and he only asked me to buy it for him and paid me EVEN though he DOES NOT know it breaks IPR copyright laws…etc by asking me to ship to his western country because he isn’t very knowledgeable with Japanese cartoons so he doesn’t know the product is cheap made even though the company that made it is legally operating and selling online.

i’m very concern weather he’ll get arrested, for now let’s pretend i shipped it to him cdfreaks and he lives in Singapore, japan, or USA… and good chance it’s in customs now, what will happen to HIM? i’m not worried about me self because i have places to hide.

now pretend i haven’t ship it yet, but i decided to use EMS to ship it cdfreaks to him, will it get through customs “safe and sound” ? compared with normal parcels?

i thank you all for taking time in reading this, thanks alot!!!

The person you might send such an item to is not responsible for anything sent to him by a third party, unless it’s provable that he ordered it. How could he be? You could get an enemy locked up by sending them illegal materials!

Personally, I would risk it; UK customes are not that strict in my experience if the item in question is not weapons/drug related.

If you want to make extra sure, address it to a made-up person at the same address, then there’s no link to your friend at all.

Sláinte

midders

[QUOTE=midders;2274394]The person you might send such an item to is not responsible for anything sent to him by a third party, unless it’s provable that he ordered it. How could he be? You could get an enemy locked up by sending them illegal materials!

Personally, I would risk it; UK customs are not that strict in my experience if the item in question is not weapons/drug related.

If you want to make extra sure, address it to a made-up person at the same address, then there’s no link to your friend at all.

Sláinte

midders[/QUOTE]

yes i have proof in my email where he contacted me and asked and confirm his order.

he gave me his address and the name of his mother as recipient.

the reason why i’m throwing out so many locations is that i do not want to accidentally disclose any information about him.

so pretend he’s in one of these places with the strictest customs, what’s going to happen to him? assuming the customs confiscated it?

i’ve got his email and address and his mother’s name. how will the police say no to that if i shipped it to him?

they will arrest and jailed him, will they not? if i bring out the evidence and he claims not to know the doll, or toy i bought for him is cheap and unauthentic…alright i bought it for him in a very popular bidding site since it doesn’t ship to his country and he doesn’t know how to bid on the site but the way he threaten me.

alright it was a japanese cartoon and music cd won at auction site call amazon but not the usa one, it was the latest gundam tv series which awhile back has been confirmed the copy i bought for him was manufactured by a well known company in my country though they DID NOT obtain a patent to do manufacture so, therefore the company that made the series has already filed a lawsuit against it and it is now confirmed to be all copies as non-official but still hasn’t been taken down in amazon and is still being sold. i got suspicious because i heard it only recently aired on television in my country so i checked and wadayknow.

and then he asked me to send it to UK for him, which i lied about not having done so; i indeed already did.

due to he sensitivity of this issue i decide to keep a low profile and was wondering weather had i sent it using EMS it would’ve been able to save my butt.

i told him to leave me with someone’s name since i offered him delivery to door parcel as i don’t want him complaining about missing item, so he said he said he just gave me his mother’s name and he’ll be sure she gets it.

i know i’m going to get into trouble for this if the customs inhis country confiscated it, so i’m throwing everything i got at him/her because if he doesn’t go to jail then i will perhaps?

EDITED:

christ i sent the recipe to HIM!!!

yes, of course i don’t have a photocopy for myself, why would i do that???

[QUOTE=cheeselovesmice;2274385]if i teleport you all to my room where it’s at now.
[/QUOTE]

I’d just use your teleport system and avoid customs altogether. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

LMAO

if your so worried about customs and such…then why even bother sending…just say …NO…

[QUOTE=Sexy_Southerner;2275497]if your so worried about customs and such…then why even bother sending…just say …NO…[/QUOTE]

That’s the advice Dennis and myself have already given. He didn’t even acknowledge that as an option.:confused:

sounds just like one of those…if i download something illegal will i go to jail…duh…if you have to ask…then you KNOW its WRONG>…geesh…

Well, if you think there is a chance it is illegal, don’t do it. But I don’t see any reason why they would question the package. I don’t think customs cannot open a package unless they have sufficient reason so suspect it of being illegal. So you should be ok.

Not much going to happen…
You bought at Amazon and send it to him…he and you jsut dont know its a illegal copy…
How can anyone really suspect that Amazon sells illegal copies of something???
Worst thing that can happen is that they just confiscate the item and destroy it or the guy at custom takes it home as a gift for his kid.

About customs opening packages: well customs can open any package any time as they like. It really is up to their mood.

Now about my experience with such stuff:
Last time i was in china i bought many DVDs. Maybe about 50+ movies (jp animes, movies etc) at a dirt cheap price at a store where everyone knows its illegal copies took them out of their package and put them in to some CD wallets to save some space. In japan customs asked me to open my bag and they found one wallet with 10 of those discs in it. They asked if i bought them in china and if i was aware that those are illegal copies and i just told them that i bought them in china and that i was not aware that these where illegal copies.
the guy just took the discs, confiscated them and let me go… really no problem…