Customize Split with DVDFab

I have a dual layer disc movie I’d like to back up.

I’d like to put the movie and menus on one single layer disc and the extras on another single layer disc.

I tried using “Split” each disc has the menus and extras, but the movie is just a blank screen. It appears as though I can navigate chapters but it’s just a blank screen.

What is it that I’m doing wrong?

With a “Customize Split” is there any quality loss? The pull down menu at the bottom of the “Customize Split” screen says “DVD5” only. So I’m worried that I’ll lose quality.

Dual layer media is far too expensive at this point in time so I’m trying to figure out alternatives. We’re going to be moving soon so I am backing up all my movies in case anything happens to them on the move.

[quote=Yastrzemski;2236588]I have a dual layer disc movie I’d like to back up.

I’d like to put the movie and menus on one single layer disc and the extras on another single layer disc.

I tried using “Split” each disc has the menus and extras, but the movie is just a blank screen. It appears as though I can navigate chapters but it’s just a blank screen.

What is it that I’m doing wrong?

With a “Customize Split” is there any quality loss? The pull down menu at the bottom of the “Customize Split” screen says “DVD5” only. So I’m worried that I’ll lose quality.

Dual layer media is far too expensive at this point in time so I’m trying to figure out alternatives. We’re going to be moving soon so I am backing up all my movies in case anything happens to them on the move.[/quote]
Do you have PathPlayer set as “Always enabled”?
hopefully a member of the MOD Squad will transfer this thread to the DVDFab forum so you can receive better help :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2236590]Do you have PathPlayer set as “Always enabled”?
hopefully a member of the MOD Squad will transfer this thread to the DVDFab forum so you can receive better help :cool:[/QUOTE]

I’ll set that option and try again.

Also, with a “Customize Split” is there any quality loss? The pull down menu at the bottom of the “Customize Split” screen says “DVD5” only. So I’m worried that I’ll lose quality.

[quote=Yastrzemski;2236591]I’ll set that option and try again.

Also, with a “Customize Split” is there any quality loss? The pull down menu at the bottom of the “Customize Split” screen says “DVD5” only. So I’m worried that I’ll lose quality.[/quote]
When ever there is any compression that is done there will be some quality loss but not really noticeable unless your talking under 75% then you’ll start seeing a big difference, but I don’t run into many main movies that go under that.