Customer NO SERVICE

vbimport

I bought DVD FAB Gold early this week. What I need is Platinum. I have followed the directions for upgrading but it will not. Gets to the point where it says it will check on a update and you cannot click on the yes. I have left numerous emails and despite it says it will respond with 40 hours, NADA. What gives? Are these people legit? Should I just chalk it up to experience and forget about it? I even tried to download the new beta but it will not. It just comes back as Gold. Bought to give up on this company? Anybody have a thought?

Contact support, if you paid for Gold you cannot get Platnium unless you contact support and let them know exactly what the problem is. Sometime e-mails get caught up in your spam filter, check that. I have never had a problem with Fab Support.
http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm

Yes. I am aware if one buys the gold version you cannot have platinum. I am not stupid. I have sent various emails to the company asking how to upgrade because it will not allow me to do so. Anyway thanks for the help. I have already sent 3 emails to tech support now without a response. Nothing from this company is being blocked in my email.

i am not a member of fengtao software inc.

seems if you have bought dvdfab gold it is $39 where as dvdfab platinum is $49 dollars. now the upgrade price is $15 dollars. there is no refund policy. you will just have to pay the extra $5 to get platinum. sorry about the mistake. also be sure to purchase from dvdfab.net and download from dvdfab.com

maybe you should check into the email being blocked. my service provider has a web site where i can adjust the email settings. so even if you are not blocking the email with your email program (outlook express), your provider may have blocked the email with out your knowledge.

troy

Please try again and use this option and explain what you want. I am sure you will recieve a response.

Thanks Alan, but no cigar for DVDFabulous Tech Support. I did as you suggested…sending yet another email to them, this time to the “Purchase Problem” tab, explaining the problem, what I would like to do, etc. and still no response. It’s now almost a week since purchase and no contact with these folks. I’d say that qualifications as “No customer service”!!!

from the license agreement

This “try before you buy” approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that [B]there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE[/B].

your mistake, sorry :frowning: , just drop the extra $5 and get to making backups. :slight_smile:

and are you 100% sure the email has not been blocked. are you using web based email?

[quote=mitchleopard;2082319]Thanks Alan, but no cigar for DVDFabulous Tech Support. I did as you suggested…sending yet another email to them, this time to the “Purchase Problem” tab, explaining the problem, what I would like to do, etc. and still no response. It’s now almost a week since purchase and no contact with these folks. I’d say that qualifications as “No customer service”!!![/quote] Somewhere or somehow the email from them is getting blocked as they respond almost right away, so before getting all upset with the company perhaps you should try to find out whats going on with your ISP or other programs you have that might be blocking it :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Or change your email on the Fab system to a hotmail address that you set up.

Some dialup ISPs wont e-mail to China.:bigsmile:

Gold is all I need I would never use the features in Platinum. So, why pay more? Full Disc, Main Movie and write is enough for me never use Split.

you know i think about that all the time. as i mostly only use main movie, and sometimes customize.?

anyway yeah change you email address to yahoo, gmail, hotmail whatever and try again.

Perhaps try emailing from a different location. Wi-Fi hotspot, public library, work pc (if you’re allowed)

[quote=alan1476;2082660]Some dialup ISPs wont e-mail to China.:bigsmile:[/quote] Thank goodness Netscape does :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Hey, I appreciate all the attention but many of you are getting it all wrong. I’m not trying to save a buck. I’m just trying to upgrade to platinum. I thought gold would do what I want. I am a television producer and have many multipart programs I want to duplicate for my files. Gold was not working when I had 3 or 4 dual layer programs on a tape or disc. Platinum would do it, putting 2 or 3 programs on a disk and putting the rest on a second disc. I did this during the test drive. In fact, I got better service during the test drive than now. The web sales site said you could do this with gold. It does not work properly with multi-layet discs and even when they are not dual later when you play them on the dvd players, when you hit the launch mode to play your show, it goes no where. As far as internet service. I have a very fast dsl service. They report i’m absolutely sweaky clean, no one spamming me or whatever you call it, and NOTHING is being blocked. I’ll just take the files to a studio and have them burn it. Seems the least stressful way to deal with this. Thanks

so i take it you have tried clicking on upgrade from dvdfab.net

Everybody gets spam, did you check for a spam folder as I bet the emails are in there because they come from China

^ Agreed.

I had to check my spam folder when i initially purchased Platinum.

Try sending Fengtao a PM on this forum. Just find on one of his posts and click on his name in the left column. You will see several options including [B]"Send a private message to Fengtao "[/B]

Just an update. Still no response from customer no-service. Sent emails to Fengtao…no response from them either. I did however, after 8 days manage to upgrade to platinum…sorry pay them more money. Before I could get some functions to work, now none of them do. It just says everything I put in it is CSS protected and this version of Platinum will not work. Wow, let’s see…I bought the gold, paid them money, bought the disc, paid them money, upgraded to platinum, paid them money. What did I get for the money???nothing. ML Leopard