Custom xml file

vbimport

In this thread I was having a problem with 5.1 audio when streaming from a Windows Home Server to an xbox 360.

I read the document 100 times, but I think I missed something:

Video Profiles: MPEG-4 Part 2, Simple & Advanced Simple Profile
Video Bitrate: 5 Mbps with resolutions of 1280 x 720 at 30fps. See question number 11 for more information.
Audio Profiles: Dolby® Digital 2 channel and 5.1 channel, MP3

It appears I missed the mp3 audio format.

Could anyone create a profile that does the above?
avi extension, mpeg4 part 2 format, mp3 audio at 5.1, with resolutions suitable for a large screen TV? I’ve found several of the portable profiles are close (small resolutions, only 2 channel mp3, low bitrate audio, etc) I’m not sure exactly what needs changed, and I’ve screwed with this problem so long I feel like my head is stuffed with cotton!

Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Is it even possible with the mp3 encoder included with DVDFab?

[quote=deputy963;1995323]Is it even possible with the mp3 encoder included with DVDFab?[/quote]I don’t think so. And 5 mb/s video @ 1280x720 would I suspect produce files larger than the original DVD (and are probably not something the codec(s) could produce either).

Thanks for the reply!
The 5MB bitrate is a max and I wouldn’t be using 1280x720. More like 720x400 or 480. I’m estimating 3.5GB per movie, but size is NOT a concern. Streaming from a Windows Home Server to Xbox360 WITH 5.1 audio is!

Interested in this as well…

It appears that generic/xvid/audiocopy works for streaming directly to an xbox from a computer without media center (i.e., windows home server).

The current problem is audio lag. It’s fine at the beginning of the move but lag increases as the movie gets closer to the end.

I’ll research that problem further and post a new topic if I can’t find an answer.