Custom Speedhacked Firmware for LDW-451S/851S

Thanks, that’s exactly what I tought.

BeerBaron

I’m guessing that since no one has chimed in about how it hosed their drive, then this mod must work. Then again, no one is praising it either. What gives? :wink:

Originally posted by skinnyjm
I’m guessing that since no one has chimed in about how it hosed their drive, then this mod must work. Then again, no one is praising it either. What gives? :wink:

It works. :slight_smile:

It’s probably because most people still do this manually. They download the official firmware, download the 451@851 patcher and patch the FW themselves. And then download spdhack and do the speedhacking patching themselves. And they’ll get the same result. TerminalVeloCD just recognized that there are people out there who don’t want to bother downloading 2 patches and applying them to the FW that they got off the LiteOn site. And thus he got the official firmware, applied the 2 patches, so that people could directly download the patched FW.

Originally posted by skinnyjm

I tested it (on a LDW-451S) and it works just fine at 8x with Fuji +R (RICOHJPN-R01.02). Just be sure to set the book type to DVD-ROM first. :cool:
Nice job you guys. :bow:

where can i download this? the link the OP provided has been suspended. thanx.

Originally posted by lapis
where can i download this? the link the OP provided has been suspended. thanx.

Unfortunately, I no longer have copies of terminal’s patched FW that I downloaded for testing, so I can’t help you with that. But if someone doesn’t send you the patched firmware, it is possible for you to patch the firmware yourself and get the same result. It’s a fairly easy process, as both patching tools are point-and-click and are pretty easy to use, and if you’re impatient, it’ll probably be faster than waiting for someone to send it to you. :slight_smile:

G’day all,

Would anyone know where I can get some decent free web hosting? I would love to make my firmware releases available to the public again! :slight_smile:

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Originally posted by terminalvelocd
[B]G’day all,

Would anyone know where I can get some decent free web hosting? I would love to make my firmware releases available to the public again! :slight_smile:

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD [/B]

Ask Google. :slight_smile: I really don’t know. I picked out my free hosting services for my files pretty much randomly. As you know, I use free accounts at GC and FC to host my files.