Custom size of 4740 MB

vbimport

A few weeks ago furballi said that CloneDVD could be used to set a custom size of 4740 for DVDs. I was able to use this successfully for a few weeks, but now it won’t work any more. (Burning at DVD-5 still works fine).

I thought the problem might have been caused by a change I made to my CloneDVD registry settings. I changed the reg value for the key

“OutputSizeMB”=dword:0000125c
to
“OutputSizeMB”=dword:00001284

so that the program would load with Custom size 4740 automatically selected (I got too lazy to manually set it each time).

Shortly afterwards I lost the ability to successfully burn at that value: CloneDVD now analyzes the files to 100% and then stops with an error message before it can begin to burn. (Sorry, I can’t recall the exact error, but it was something like “WriteDVD 10 14 W2”. I also am not entirely sure whether I had successfully burned any discs at the custom size since making the reg edit, so this theory could be completely groundless).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program (thus restoring the default settings), but still am unable to burn at 4740.

All along I have been using blanks from the same stack of Mitsumi DVD+R discs, so I have more or less ruled out media as the problem.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks