Current Best NEC/Optiarc Burner?

vbimport

I’ve been using my 3520a for years now, and it’s still my main burner with the old L&D 2.U5 FW. Nothing but perfect burns from it. I’m thinking about upgrading and looking for a tried and true newer burner to replace it. Would prefer one with lead-in and lead-out reading capabilities.

Would like to stick with NEC since at the time I got this burner Lite-On was absolutely awful when it came to quality DVD burns and I RMA’ed 3 of them before I asked for a credit toward this NEC. Other brand suggestions are welcome though. Must produce high quality burns and be a “workhorse”. i.e. I’d rather not burn 100 dvds and have it blow up on me the next day. Good EAC and DVDFab ripping capability would be a plus as well.

Thanks,

• Telkar

That’s a very easy choise
7200A or S / 7201A or S (i am not putting the 7203A/S since they are not available in the USA).

[QUOTE=vroom;2135510]That’s a very easy choise
7200A or S / 7201A or S (i am not putting the 7203A/S since they are not available in the USA).[/QUOTE]

I agree :iagree:

The Optiarc AD-7200 series are the first real NEC drives in years. They are pretty much your only choice if you want a real NEC drive, but fortunately for you, they are also very good drives.

And FYI, a lot has changed since you last bought a new burner. Lite-On now makes very good drives, which do a number of things quite well. Keep your eye on the about to be released iHAP322/422 (PATA/LS) and iHAS322/422 (SATA/LS) drives.