Current "Best" CD-RW recommendation?

I just had my last Kodak 4x CD-RW disc die and haven’t bought a CD-RW in over 5 years. It’s now time to buy another batch for temporary writing.

Quality is of the utmost importance, since data on a CD-RW starts to decay 5 seconds after you write it.

What’s the best brand of CD-RW’s these days? Direct links to purchase online in the USA are fine.

Thank you experts!

Robert

PS. I may buy some regular CDR’s too. Is Taiyo Yuden still the recommendation? Burners are an NEC 3500 DVDRW, various Lite-On’s and an old Plextor.

bump

I mostly use Verbatims CD-RW 16x-24x, they are good IMO. :slight_smile:

ET

Thank you.

Verbatims, funnily enough, the exact ones Eltranquil posted a pic of!

But beware, someone else posted that they were using Ultra-Speed CD-RWs on a drive that was only High-Speed. Buy the right ones for your drive! :wink:

Well, at least they are good for his 3500A. :slight_smile:

ET

Hehe, I’m not up to speed on NEC drives, so I thought I’d post that just in case! :slight_smile:

I use the exact same discs, and I am happy with that choice.

Even my laptop burner (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S) which can only burn CD-RW at 10x burns these UltraSpeed CD-RW with very good quality. And this is technically only a High-Speed CD-RW burner!

And when I say “very good quality” I am of course saying very good for CD-RW, because CD-RW will never be as good as the best CD-R.

Wow, you learn something new every day! There was a thread in the Newbie Forum where there was a bit of debate about that High Speed/Ultra Speed stuff. :slight_smile:

Wish I still had my old Memorex CD-RW (rebadged LiteOn something, burns CD-RW @ 10x), I’d see if my own (UltraSpeed) discs burned OK!