Curious downloads version/s

any difference/s for version/s…

DVDFab6022_avangate-689
and
DVDFab6022

Where did you download them? The top one is the only legitimate one as far as I know.

[QUOTE=sireast;2302807]any difference/s for version/s…

DVDFab6022_avangate-689
and
DVDFab6022[/QUOTE]

There is no difference between the two, the top one was downloaded when you had cookies from CD Freaks on your system and the bottom one was downloaded when you didn’t have the cookies on your system :wink:

When ever I download from the DVDFab website I never get the avangate-689 tag because I don’t keep cookies on my system :bigsmile:

yes StormJumper is correct, ive asked fengtao about this in the past.

he said it was a method to track where the downloads are coming from.

[QUOTE=troy512;2302856]yes StormJumper is correct, ive asked fengtao about this in the past.

he said it was a method to track where the downloads are coming from.[/QUOTE]
You are exactly correct Troy, each affiliate has its own download code, avangate with a number, it tells him where the download comes from.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2302866]You are exactly correct Troy, each affiliate has its own download code, avangate with a number, it tells him where the download comes from.[/QUOTE]

Hi Alan
If you download from the DVDFab webite itself when the cookies from CD Freaks is on your system you’ll get the avangate-689 tag on the install package and if you remove the cookies from CD Freaks that is on your system then turnaround and re-download again from the DVDFab.com your install package will not have the avangate-689 tag, so it all depends on the cookies… give it a try :smiley:

avangate is generated from links, look at every link fengtao post to the release notes

here click these two links and check

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?vid=avangate&aid=689

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2302878]Hi Alan
If you download from the DVDFab webite itself when the cookies from CD Freaks is on your system you’ll get the avangate-689 tag on the install package and if you remove the cookies from CD Freaks that is on your system then turnaround and re-download again from the DVDFab.com your install package will not have the avangate-689 tag, so it all depends on the cookies… give it a try :D[/QUOTE]Only if you link to the website from CDF. If you go there direct, the download does not have the avangate (or any other) tag.