Curious: are there Securom New problems with the 32x and up Liteons

Originally posted by nealh
[B]well at least it is not a figment of our imagination…but does this mean the the hide cdr media function is affecting the burn quality in someway or just play back…

this may not fully explain the weird behavior of the backup in my Liteon DVD unless hide cdr media is affecting the reader or it has affected the quality of the burn

Also I want to remind everyone…when there is an issue bring it up…it maybe a legimate bug and if so you can bet Olli will fix it …if possible…EB customer service is great! [/B]

The burn is not affected, only playback.

But: It is IMPORTANT that Hide CDR Media is off when reading a SecuROM protected title in CloneCD. That’s why HideCDR will always be disabled if CloneCD is started.

oli this doesnt seem to work in my liteon 24103s using clone cd 3.3.4.1 also tried clone 4 copying die hard nakatomi plaza. game copys ok just will not run irrespective of cdrw media on or off!!!
tried all settings / speeds no go!!!
however standard clone cd settings for securom using my old HP9300 no problems copies fine!!!
conclusion liteons dont like some versions of securom new !!
perhaps theres a newer version out there??? any ideas Im totally foxed!!!

So Olli…

But: It is IMPORTANT that Hide CDR Media is off when reading a SecuROM protected title in CloneCD. That’s why HideCDR will always be disabled if CloneCD is started

so that means when reading the image in order to burn it hide cdr media should be disabled …if not is the image …“damaged” so to speak??

Originally posted by nealh
[B]So Olli…

so that means when reading the image in order to burn it hide cdr media should be disabled …if not is the image …“damaged” so to speak?? [/B]

Yes. However, unless you do major trickery Hide-CDR is automatically disabled as soon as CloneCD is started.