Curious about firmware, can you masters help me?

vbimport

Haha :smiley:

Anyway, i think i have the best firmeware that NEC has to offer, but is it the best OVERALL?

At first, i was scared to flash it to a modded firmware, but now my mind is slowly changing. Is it dangerous? Cause if i flash it and my drive gets ruined, they wont replace it.

Also, whats the current favorite around here for the NEC 3500a? Does it really make a big difference?? Thanks so much guys!

Yo-

First of all - you donโ€™t tell us which firmware you are currently using - which would help-

Second of all - firmware is a matter of individual needs - not a popularity contest - so tell us what your needs are -

Third - if you are concerned about modded firmware and the ability to return your drive - stick to the official firmware - and that would currently be 2.18-

Mike

And fourth, reading the stickies in this thread about the proper posting location as well as the NEC FAQ would help. Please check your PM.

Moved to the NEC forum, where the NEC gurus chill.

Iโ€™m sticking to 2.18 firmware for now. But in the future, I think I would want to burn dvd+rโ€™s at higher than advertised speeds. So which offer would you recommend?

JimmyP is that you?

Nope

Not you jdawg224