Css protection - DVDFab will not write

vbimport

Hello everyone!

I just downloaded DVDFab Platinum. I have no idea if I’m doing this correctly or not, but… I’ve had the free version on my PC for about 4 months. I didn’t delete it because I’ve been meaning to purchase.

I re-downloaded the file tonight and purchased the Platinum version. I received my “key” and did everything I was instructed to do.

My first question is, why does the opening screen still ask which FREE version I want to try? Also, it states I have 30 days left to try. Does this go away?

My second question is, the movie I JUST copied can not be burned. I receive a message saying it has a CSS Protection. What is this? I thought DVDFab was supposed to remove all of that?

Thank you in advance for your help!!
:slight_smile:

~Mechelle

[quote=Mishmell;2154924]Hello everyone!

I just downloaded DVDFab Platinum. I have no idea if I’m doing this correctly or not, but… I’ve had the free version on my PC for about 4 months. I didn’t delete it because I’ve been meaning to purchase.

I re-downloaded the file tonight and purchased the Platinum version. I received my “key” and did everything I was instructed to do.

My first question is, why does the opening screen still ask which FREE version I want to try? Also, it states I have 30 days left to try. Does this go away?

My second question is, the movie I JUST copied can not be burned. I receive a message saying it has a CSS Protection. What is this? I thought DVDFab was supposed to remove all of that?

Thank you in advance for your help!!
:slight_smile:

~Mechelle[/quote]I think you downloaded from the vendor’s site instead of the official site and you have the non-CSS version. Download from dvdfab.com (NOT .NET) and reinstall and re-register if necessary.

[QUOTE=signals;2154928]I think you downloaded from the vendor’s site instead of the official site and you have the non-CSS version. Download from dvdfab.com (NOT .NET) and reinstall and re-register if necessary.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

When I went to purchase, it said make sure you download from dvdfab.net, so I did.
I’ll try the .com and see if it works.

[QUOTE=signals;2154928]I think you downloaded from the vendor’s site instead of the official site and you have the non-CSS version. Download from dvdfab.com (NOT .NET) and reinstall and re-register if necessary.[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried but it still will not work. Have I just lost money by purchasing from the .net site? :frowning:

You should be able to just re-install DVDFab from dvdfab.com and the registration key is the same.

if you do have trouble you can use the clean un-install guide below in my signature then use the install package from dvdfab.com, note make sure you delete the other install package from the .net website

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2154937]You should be able to just re-install DVDFab from dvdfab.com and the registration key is the same.

if you do have trouble you can use the clean un-install guide below in my signature then use the install package from dvdfab.com, note make sure you delete the other install package from the .net website[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried a few times to remove and re-install. Still the same thing.
I’ve sent an email to DVDFab’s support team for help.

Have I downloaded from a bad site? Have I just given my credit card information to someone I shouldn’t? :confused:

Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mishmell;2154953]I’ve tried a few times to remove and re-install. Still the same thing.
I’ve sent an email to DVDFab’s support team for help.

Have I downloaded from a bad site? Have I just given my credit card information to someone I shouldn’t? :confused:

Thank you so much for your help! :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Mishmell,

No, you didn’t download from a “bad site”…just the wrong site.

Here’s the deal.
All Fab applications should be downloaded from [B]Fab.com (not Fab.net)[/B] or directly from Fengtao’s stickies here on the Fab forum…alway at or near the top. BTW, the forum is the only place to obtain the Beta versions.

So download from Fab.com…but when you click on [B]Buy Now[/B],
the link takes you to Fab.net. This is where you actually make the purchase, but don’t download from Fab.net

Fab.com contains the CSS versions.

Fab.net contains the non-CSS versions and will not decrypt copy protected discs. Fab.net exists for legal/business reasons.
Unfortunately, many users make the same mistake as you.
It’s really not very clear and needs to be fixed by Fengtao.

Have you uninstalled the non-CSS version prior to downloading the correct CSS version?

[QUOTE=maineman;2154961]Hi Mishmell,

Here’s the deal.
All Fab applications should be downloaded from [B]Fab.com (not Fab.net)[/B] or directly from Fengtao’s stickies here on the Fab forum…alway at or near the top. BTW, the forum is the only place to obtain the Beta versions.

the link takes you to Fab.net. This is where you actually make the purchase, but don’t download from Fab.net

Fab.net contains the non-CSS versions and will not decrypt copy protected discs. Fab.net exists for legal/business reasons.

Have you uninstalled the non-CSS version prior to downloading the correct CSS version?[/QUOTE]

Hello MaineMan.

You helped me before with another problem, so I really appreciate your response! :slight_smile:

I had an older version of DVDFab on my computer before I downloaded the newest version. And, yes, I did download from the .net site (non CSS version).
I uninstalled and removed all the folders from the previous version, then downloaded from the .com site.
It still tells me that my trial period has expired.
When I enter my registration code, it tells me it will re-start the program. When it re-starts, I get the same message telling me my evaluation period has ended and I need to purchase a license.

I’m so confused… but thank you for putting my mind at ease about giving my credit card info. I was so worried!

[quote=maineman;2154961]Hi Mishmell,

Here’s the deal.

Have you uninstalled the non-CSS version prior to downloading the correct CSS version?[/quote]
fab.com :confused:
don’t you mean dvdfab.com

Hi again Mechelle,

This might be as simple as clicking on your email attachment from Fengtao.

The easiest method for activation is simply to click (or double-click) on the attachment and not try to copy and paste it, etc.

You probably have a “download” prompt in your email. This contains your registration key.
Just click on it.
You should get something similar to the following:

Just a thought here but when you uninstalled the non-css version did you also clean out the registery as the temp is still in the registry and needs to be cleaned out also, a good program is RegSeeker and the good part is thats it’s free

yes seems to be an activation problem.

how are you entering your activation code?

i like to save my attachment to the hard drive, then [with dvdfab closed] double click to register.