Css keys?

vbimport

where are the css keys that are recorded kept on the computer and can they be passed down from one computer to another. in the case of switching computers to burn material??

[QUOTE=q_righto;2578765]where are the css keys that are recorded kept on the computer and can they be passed down from one computer to another. in the case of switching computers to burn material??[/QUOTE]

Your question is a confusing one at best. Why would you need CSS when is is already decrypted and the backup media is css free??? No I don’t think they can be passed down from one to another otherwise you would even be able to copy the media. Also you don’t identify what program your using so helping you is just assumptions…

Not sure what you are asking, but each DVD-Video disc that is CSS encrypted has the keys that were used to encrypt it in the lead-in of the disc.

Per spec, each DVD-Video should have it’s own set of CSS keys. However, this is not always the case since some replicators use the same keys for every title.

when you use software to ‘rip’ a movie, the CSS is removed and you no longer need any ‘keys’ to use that ripped movie.

I assume you mean where does AnyDVD store the css keys. Well they stored in the registry and if you want to export/import them just open up AnyDVD settings and select CSS keys.

Then right click a blank spot to get instructions on how to do it

[QUOTE=AGJ;2578790]I assume you mean where does AnyDVD store the css keys. Well they stored in the registry and if you want to export/import them just open up AnyDVD settings and select CSS keys.

Then right click a blank spot to get instructions on how to do it[/QUOTE]

Why even do that when one used the program to remove the CSS keys in the first place?? Maybe they should give us more details as how they are doing the setup would help more?? As I said as well their question and setup is confusing at best and needs more clarification…