CSS & anydvd

vbimport

I need a little help understanding something here. I got anydvd and clonedvd and pretty much taught myself how to use them. In anydvd there’s a box for CSS keys. I’ve successfully copied several CSS protected DVD’s (it shows that it’s CSS protected in the info box in the anydvd program) without touching the CSS key via an .iso image. My question is what is the box for? Will I eventually run across a type of CSS protection that requires a key? Where can I get a key? If these questions sound noobish, it’s probably because I AM a noob to this. Thanks for any help.

logjon

within ANYDvd you will see the CSS screen. if you tick the box there you will then see the movie listed in this box for each and every protected movie disc that you put into you system. ANYDvd keeps a record of these I believe to save it always having to check the CSS encryption.

so it won’t be anything i really have to worry about?

i have just added a screen capture that ANYDvd explains it all itself. it will work without it being turned on.

i know if you are new to ANYDvd now it leaves it turned off by default.

As I said in your OTHER thread on this topic in the general forum… it’s most likely for debugging or the (very) rare case where AnyDVD can’t work out the key. This seldom happens, but I’ve found that virtually every dedicated DeCSS program has one of these windows tucked away somewhere. :wink:

well i wasn’t sure which forum to post in. i’m sorry to offend you. thank you for your input.