Csi Game Problem!

vbimport

I have just bought CSI crime scene investigation game for the pc. i installed it easily enough and created a profile. the game starts off with the first character called grissom talking to you. but instead of actually seeing him talking its just a white square.

please help me with this ive looked at the graphics ive tried patches for the game. the game itself only asks for low requirements.

i took a screenshot of the picture so you can see what i mean about the white square

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/darkdsk/CSIProblem.jpg

please help

[QUOTE=darkdsk;2107592]I have just bought CSI crime scene investigation game for the pc. i installed it easily enough and created a profile. the game starts off with the first character called grissom talking to you. but instead of actually seeing him talking its just a white square.

please help me with this ive looked at the graphics ive tried patches for the game. the game itself only asks for low requirements.

i took a screenshot of the picture so you can see what i mean about the white square

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg9/darkdsk/CSIProblem.jpg

please help[/QUOTE]

First what kinda computer specs and video card do you have would go a long way to doing to some kinda diagnosis…look almost like those NC17 rating blocking your views??? Is there a age set limit on the game???

i am having the same problem. did you find the answer to this problem?

Did you contact the software company about the problem??? That would be my first advise contact them about the problem…

Hay does any one here know how to fix the white square in the game? Ihave the same game and would like a solution to this problem.
thank you
qwe

Hey guys I figured it out after installing it. I did two things different this time round here’s how to fix it.

1.Go to control Panel and select add or remove software and remove your quick time player (Just visit apple.com if you want the newer quicktime again)

The Reason is the game uses an old form of Quick time that might support something that the newer versions dont. Hence possibly the White Square problem

1. Once you unistalled Quicktime Unistall the CSI game completely.

2. Once unistalled go and click the drive to Install it again.

It then asks you would you like a Minimum Installation
or A Max

This time I selected Minimum It installs a lot faster and only needs Disks 1 and 3.

Reason : Max reads it off you Harddrive where as Minimum reads off of both - I reckon that the disk contains what is needed to make it run properly however it may be the quicktime. However if you have time to spare I recommend you try only the quicktime option then select Max because if it does work then your getting a lot faster loading times. If not then you know its the Minimum thats need and possibly the Quicktime.

Once Its installed agree to install Direct X 8.1 because as it states it doesn’t overwrite newer versions just adds stuff in.

After that it asks you to install Quicktime 6.1 select yes because you may need the older model but you can always upgrade should you feel the need to. The bad thing is if you do upgrade and want to play the game again and it doesnt work then you’ll need to reinstall 6.1 or the whole game again. If you are going to do so locate your save files in the CSI folder wherever its installed and copy them elsewhere.

Tried the uninstall of my quicktime and reinstalling the game and yet I still did not get the game to operate correctly. In fact now the game does not show any of the game video scenes and the white box is still present. Your fix didn’t work.

[QUOTE=leftbehindforyou;2503156]Tried the uninstall of my quicktime and reinstalling the game and yet I still did not get the game to operate correctly. In fact now the game does not show any of the game video scenes and the white box is still present. Your fix didn’t work.[/QUOTE]

Well also the fact you don’t list your hardware specs doesn’t in any way help you either? So if you want help you have to post enough information so others can give you help.

Hey i had the white box problem with the newest version of quicktime on my system so i tryed the one on the disk and that fixed the white box problem but the FMVs didnt work. But i did find the solution which was downloading Quicktime 6.5.2 the last version before it upgraded to Quicktime 7 and it works fine now so im happy.

You can download it here http://www.oldversion.com/QuickTime.html

Hope that sorted the problem :slight_smile:

Have fun with the security holes in ancient Apple software. :rolleyes:

Brand new: http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Backdoor-discovered-in-QuickTime-1070232.html

Michael