Crystal

vbimport

I just purchased dvdfab gold, 5.0.2.0, and I have been able to copy video but not audio, and when I check the disk with Windows Vista Computer, there is an audio file, but it’s empty. Does anyone know how I can copy both video and sound at the same time? Please help. I am completely new at this, and I’ve never used an encryption program before.

My DVD burner is a brand new multi read Samsung, and I am running Windows Vista on a Western Digital HDD and using an ASRock 775i65G motherboard, if it helps to know this.

Welcome.
You won’t see any audio in the AUDIO_TS folder. The audio is in the vob files along with the video in a folder called VIDEO_TS. Have you tried playing the files?

Sorry, I just got to this, because I’ve been trying all this while to get my new dvd fab software to work, and it will not function in any capacity at all. I have ruined a total of four expensive double layer discs so far. I even printed out the instructions from a dvdfab.com website, so I know I’m not doing anything wrong. Everything appears to be copying perfectly, but nothing will burn where it will play on a standard DVD player hooked to my televison or Windows Media Center. The DVD player on the television just pops the disc right back out and tells me there is a disc error. I can play a burned disc on Windows Media, but there is no audio. I am getting pretty thoroughly disgusted with the whole program. I just purchased it last week, and it has yet to work to copy anything usable. Anybody know where I can go to request my money back?

You may not have the proper codecs to play in Windows.
Try installing AC3Filter.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm
As far as your Standalone player, it sounds like a burning issue. What program is doing the burning? DVDFab or something else?
What name media are you using?
What speed are you burning at?
Can you post a burn log?

In addition to Dialysis 1’s suggestions and questions:
Stop using DL media until this is sorted out.
Better yet, stick in an RW dvd and you can expriment with it until the cows come home…it won’t cost you another penny.

The burn log will provide us with a great deal of useful info, so we can nail this down for you.
The default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Okay everyone, the answers are all over the place in this forum, and that is this program is so buggy, it doesn’t really work well, if at all in this version. It appears prior versions, which I couldn’t find a link to, work great. First, I wanted to use regular, cheaper DVD + RW CD’s, but full copy would not let me. Kept insisting on a double layer disc. I changed a setting to DVD Rom, and that problem may or may not be fixed. Remains to be seen. Then, I have read that pretty much only Verbatim brand double layer discs work, and that brand isn’t readily available where I live. Then, I have read that split disc doesn’t work properly, and now I have tried to use the main movie function, but it went and defaulted to full when I went to another room while I thought the disc was burning, and now the disc has burned, but I don’t have an ounce of sound. If I could physically crawl inside this computer and grab hold of this program, it would be extinguished, and I’d just have to lose my $39.95. I will probably wind up having to delete it and forget about it.

As Tom said post a burn log so we can see whats going on here

[QUOTE=yellowroseofky;2063709]Okay everyone, the answers are all over the place in this forum, and that is this program is so buggy, it doesn’t really work well, if at all in this version. It appears prior versions, which I couldn’t find a link to, work great. First, I wanted to use regular, cheaper DVD + RW CD’s, but full copy would not let me. Kept insisting on a double layer disc. I changed a setting to DVD Rom, and that problem may or may not be fixed. Remains to be seen. Then, I have read that pretty much only Verbatim brand double layer discs work, and that brand isn’t readily available where I live. Then, I have read that split disc doesn’t work properly, and now I have tried to use the main movie function, but it went and defaulted to full when I went to another room while I thought the disc was burning, and now the disc has burned, but I don’t have an ounce of sound. If I could physically crawl inside this computer and grab hold of this program, it would be extinguished, and I’d just have to lose my $39.95. I will probably wind up having to delete it and forget about it.[/QUOTE]

While I understand your frustration I do not agree that the program is a poor one. Copying DVDs nowadays is not as simple as it once was, please hang in there you will be glad you did. Post a burn log, and back your movies up to your HDD as either ISO files or VT"s files to be sure that they are working correctly before you burn, Then use Imgburn to burn them. There is help here but you need to help us to do so.
Download VLC media player and you will see that the no audio problem is with the windows media player codecs not your ripped movies, it is free and work great as a player.

[quote=~Jethro~;2063714]While I understand your frustration I do not agree that the program is a poor one. Copying DVDs nowadays is not as simple as it once was, please hang in there you will be glad you did. Post a burn log, and back your movies up to your HDD as either ISO files or VT"s files to be sure that they are working correctly before you burn, Then use Imgburn to burn them. There is help here but you need to help us to do so.
Download VLC media player and you will see that the no audio problem is with the windows media player codecs not your ripped movies, it is free and work great as a player.[/quote]

Dear Yellowroseofsky,

Hi, I backed all of their saying. DVDFab does has its problems, but look on the bright side, they have excellent forum and techie to help you.

I was also a newbie, purchased DVDFab and had problems with it, I wanted to give up and refund the darn program. However, I gave DVDFab another shot and I have not regreted abit.

The people in this forum is one of the best, they can really help…trust me!! They have assisted me ALOT with DVDFab. And I am very proud to have them as friends too.

The program may be a little difficult to use at first, but used it for a month or so, you’ll find that it does its job decently.

Thank you

Don’t give up on the DVDFab!! Post your burn log please.

I do not know how to post a burn log, and I played with the program until 3:00 a.m., and I am tired, tired, tired of it. It finally burned something, but it wasn’t anything playable on my computer or television dvd player. All I wanted to do was get a copy of a movie that I purchased and downloaded onto my computer, and the program wouldn’t even let me select anything from my computer. I had to pop in a movie disc first. So, it would not even function for the purpose I bought it for. I am not a computer tech, just a novice. I work full time and rescue animals the rest of the time, besides watching a few movies between. I have eight rescue dogs and two parrots to take care of, and I am afraid I just don’t have time to try and fix something that’s broken, and no matter what you all are saying about this program, it is broken. I don’t know anything about codecs or programming language or any of that stuff, and when buying a program that’s supposed to do what it is stated it can do, nobody should be expected to have to do all this tweaking to make it function in any capacity at all. It should work right out of the darned box, so to speak. When I buy a program, I expect it to work properly without having to go through a bunch of hoops to get it to function in any capacity at all. My version of this program is not functioning in any capacity, and I just don’t have the time to do this and do that, which I shouldn’t have to do in the first place, to make it work. Reading CD Freaks posts has let me know that the split function doesn’t work, the write data function doesn’t work, and I already can tell you that the full movie function doesn’t work, and now I find that the one remaining function doesn’t work either. No matter what you guy’s are telling me, this program is bad. You can like it all to heck and back, but I don’t have to. Now, I am used to working out a few bugs in some programs or downloading new drivers to make it compatible, but that’s not the case with this program at all. All of my device and software drivers are up-to-date, and I am running a completley new Vista operating system, and everything in my computer isn’t more than six months old. My DVD burner is only one week old, and it’s a multi read with DL capability. I am going to do some more searching for a different program to try out first before I buy it. I should have tried this one out first, but dumb me went and bought it because my dad recommended it to me, and now I find that he has an older version of the program that’s working perfectly in every capacity. If the older version, which I can’t even find anywhere, is working, how the heck could everything go so wrong with this newer version?

Maybe you got a corrupted file durning downloading, perhaps you might look for a thread from my good friend Stormjumper as he has instructions on how to remove FAB from Vista, Try uninstalling FAB and redownloading it also there are a few other steps you have to take for Vista OS, Stormjumper can help you on that, FAB is a great program, so before you go ramping and raving it’s no good maybe you should relax and I am sure that somebody will help you out, IMHO I think it’s Vista myself thats causing problems because you don’t have it set up right

[QUOTE=yellowroseofky;2063952]I do not know how to post a burn log, and I played with the program until 3:00 a.m., and I am tired, tired, tired of it. It finally burned something, but it wasn’t anything playable on my computer or television dvd player. All I wanted to do was get a copy of a movie that I purchased and downloaded onto my computer, and the program wouldn’t even let me select anything from my computer. I had to pop in a movie disc first. So, it would not even function for the purpose I bought it for. I am not a computer tech, just a novice. I work full time and rescue animals the rest of the time, besides watching a few movies between. I have eight rescue dogs and two parrots to take care of, and I am afraid I just don’t have time to try and fix something that’s broken, and no matter what you all are saying about this program, it is broken. I don’t know anything about codecs or programming language or any of that stuff, and when buying a program that’s supposed to do what it is stated it can do, nobody should be expected to have to do all this tweaking to make it function in any capacity at all. It should work right out of the darned box, so to speak. When I buy a program, I expect it to work properly without having to go through a bunch of hoops to get it to function in any capacity at all. My version of this program is not functioning in any capacity, and I just don’t have the time to do this and do that, which I shouldn’t have to do in the first place, to make it work. Reading CD Freaks posts has let me know that the split function doesn’t work, the write data function doesn’t work, and I already can tell you that the full movie function doesn’t work, and now I find that the one remaining function doesn’t work either. No matter what you guy’s are telling me, this program is bad. You can like it all to heck and back, but I don’t have to. Now, I am used to working out a few bugs in some programs or downloading new drivers to make it compatible, but that’s not the case with this program at all. All of my device and software drivers are up-to-date, and I am running a completley new Vista operating system, and everything in my computer isn’t more than six months old. My DVD burner is only one week old, and it’s a multi read with DL capability. I am going to do some more searching for a different program to try out first before I buy it. I should have tried this one out first, but dumb me went and bought it because my dad recommended it to me, and now I find that he has an older version of the program that’s working perfectly in every capacity. If the older version, which I can’t even find anywhere, is working, how the heck could everything go so wrong with this newer version?[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I guess you really do not want help. The program works very well “right out of the box”. The problem is another newbie looking for a magic wand. If you do not understand the basics of backing up movies than you will have a very hard time with any backup software. This is the place for the best help you can find on the subject, but if you will not even try to help us understand what it is you are doing WRONG (like posting a burn log) then we can not do much for you except to listen to your whinning.

To post a burn log go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
Now just copy and paste it in the reply box where you make your posts in this forum.

Look guys, you’re assuming now that I don’t know how to burn anything, but that is not true. I burn things all the time, and they come out just fine. I have never tried to burn a movie before. If I wanted to figure out how to send you a burn log, I could figure it out, but I don’t think there’s any point in it. It is entirely possible I received a corruped dvdfab program, but I have uninstalled and installed it numerous times with the same problems coming back to haunt me, and I also know how to completely eliminate a program though the Vista registry and remove all instances of it. I am not a total idoit here, just not a techie. And, my Windows Vista is installed correctly. I had the assistance of a Microsoft tech support supervisor in Canada help me with that when the program was initially installed, and on numerous other occasions as well when the program updated and went buggy, and I was smart enough to figure out when both of my DVD drives stopped functioning because Vista updated, but Microsoft tech support wasn’t able to fix that problem out. I discovered Vista actually went to my bios and changed the settings there, which is why neither drive was working. Vista had them set up other than the way they were installed. I received free tech support for that. I made sure the program installed correctly when I had problems installing it on my new hard drive.

Forget all that truly high tech stuff for just a minute please, and go back to before you guys all got so darned intelligent and computer savvy. That’s not all of us out here. I got on this darned website because I was forced to when I found there is no tech support for the dvdfab program, and then I read a post saying Fangtao doesn’t answer e-mails or phone calls. I, for one, have never purchased any computer programs that don’t include technical support with the program, and I probably wouldn’t have bought this one had I known that in advance. Even Microsoft has technical support. You may have to pay for it, but they do have it, and it’s just a phone call away or over the computer, and I have yet to be able to fix one of my problems over the computer. I have always had to phone for support. The most difficult problems, like the all of a sudden non-functioning disc drives, didn’t have answers at the Microsoft on-line support site, and unbeknowst to me, tech support wasn’t smart enough to figure out the bios change either.

If you would be so kind as to go back through the other posts, you will see I am not the only one having these problems with this program. There are hosts and hosts of other’s having the same issues with it. It’s not just me, and the brand new one that just came out yesterday is already crashing computers.

Do all of you have the latest version of this dvd fab gold program, or are you running the older version that nobody is having trouble with? Because, unless you’re using the same version I am, then it’s not fair to pick on me about it. Believe me when I tell you none of the features on the program I downloaded function properly, and there is nothing wrong with my Vista program, except for the phantom blue screen phenom that just showed up, and I have yet to figure out a fix for that just yet. That happened after a Vista update too for crying out loud. I know there are going to be bugs in computer programs to be dealt with, and I know there isn’t a fix for everything. It’s just that this program I just downloaded and have been trying to get to work for hours on end is completely non-functioning, and please believe me when I tell you that. It doesn’t work at all, and there has been nothing I can do to get it to work, and I don’t believe there is anything you guys can do to get it to work. If I thought there was, I’d jump in here with you and try a bunch of stuff, but I’ve actually already been doing that on my own to no darned avail. My father has dvdfab, but it’s 4. something, and his is working fine, and he and I were on the phone going through my version, and he wasn’t able to help either, and he rips and burns discs daily and has a version of this same program.

Please be nice because you’re dealing with a total novice here on this program and computer programming, and it’s the only program I’ve ever bought that has been this non-functioning, and I did pay for it, and I have every right to feel as though I’ve been rippd off and taken for my darned money by buying a program that doesn’t do what it says it will, much less won’t function in any capacity at all.

Yes I am running the latest version of DVDFAB Platinum and I always do the updates right away and I have only had 1 problem with the program way back when it was Ver 2 and I have burnt over 400 movies with no problem. Like I said I think it is in your Vista setup as there is something you have to set up in DEP or something like that and there are more people with sucess than failures, and most of the problems arise from the OS setup, Like was said if you post a burn log it would help greatly as it is hard to troubleshoot with just what you are saying. I know there are threads and posts about setting it up in Vista and the things you have to do for it to work with that OS, sorry I only have the Platinum edition and running XP SP3 so I can’t really help you but as I said look at StormJumper. Also does your father have Vista or XP

BTW If you had named your thread different maybe more people would look at it if you stated your problem other than just naming it Crystal, You might try PMing Signals or Stormjumper to look at your post as they are very smart on the program also Maineman

POST A BURN LOG! The fact that trying it on your own has not worked does not mean the program does not. Yes, all that are trying to help are using the latest version. This is the place for the tech support for the program. Most others that are having problems with this program are using features that you are not, and as always they will get fixed. Now if you will please post a burn log so we can help you.

I quit! it’s like trying to pull a tooth from my grandaughter, hard headed, she is so sure that a burn log wouldn’t help, being that she doesn’t want to go to the trouble to send it then I am done, must be in ole kentuck

Try opening the burn log by double clicking on it.
[B]Copy[/B] everything in that file and [B]paste[/B] it here.

There is supposed to be a file in the program styled _vso.log, right? Isn’t that where the burn log is supposed to be, in that file? There is no such file within the program or anywhere on my computer. I searched for it, and it’s not coming up, and I haven’t deleted anything. And Jimbo, please don’t respond to my posts if you’re going to be nasty. Just bow out. Yes, I admit to being hard-headed, but I’m not ashamed of that, and I am not ashamed of being born and bred in Kentucky either for that matter. Being hard headed is what is keeping me plugging at this program trying to get the thing to work, otherwise, I’d just have deleted the nightmarish thing by now. For everybody the program is working for, then you’re good, and that’s great. I just simply want a program I bought to work like it’s supposed to, and it is supposed to be Vista compatible, and if there are some bugs, that’s fine, but the program I downloaded isn’t doing anything correctly at all, and the log isn’t even ther for me to send you. If there is something I need to change in Windows Vista to get this program to work, and it won’t affect any of the other programs I am operating with, I’ll make the change if someone will let me know where to go to in the program to do it. I can’t, however, reinstall Windows Vista because then I’d lose my downloaded programs. I don’t have a backup source big enough to copy everything to. And, please be patient, because I am not a chat line person. I never chat online with anyone, ever, and I don’t even use my computer video camera and disposed of that because I kept getting porn calls and naked men coming up on my computer screen, nightmarish stuff really. I thought having that camera would be fun too, but it wasn’t, and before somebody comes up with it, no I didn’t complain to the manufacturer of the camera or Microsoft Netmeeting. I just removed the software and the threw away the camera. I’d have one again if my family members had them that live out-of-state, but none of them do.