CRW-3210a

Can the ASUS CRW-2410a be upgraded to a 4012a or a 3210a? I know it cannot upgraded to a 4816a as it does not use the same chipset, has anybody overclocked the 2410a?

Originally posted by ryan_clemens
Can the ASUS CRW-2410a be upgraded to a 4012a or a 3210a? I know it cannot upgraded to a 4816a as it does not use the same chipset, has anybody overclocked the 2410a?

I did, I have a 2410a and it doesn’t have any problems going to 4012a. HOWEVER, the drive make funny noises when powering up and open tray. I decided to OC it to 3210a instead, no noise anymore.

For some reason, I am unable to use the official Asus firmware. It says Drive not supported… weird… even I have the right drive…

Originally posted by killer23d
[B]

I did, I have a 2410a and it doesn’t have any problems going to 4012a. HOWEVER, the drive make funny noises when powering up and open tray. I decided to OC it to 3210a instead, no noise anymore.

For some reason, I am unable to use the official Asus firmware. It says Drive not supported… weird… even I have the right drive… [/B]

hey are those firmwares in bin or hex?? (for the 32x asus)
if so could you email it to me??

transformer@xtra.co.nz

thanks

hi. I have an asus writer 32x12x40x and I want to overclock it to 40x12x40x writer???
please tell me if it can…:bow: :bow:

yes u can,
just need to flash it with the 40x bios

mines been running well since the day I bought it and flashed it :slight_smile:

how???

where can i find the flash bios and how to use it???