Crucial adds 2TB model to aggressively priced MX300 series

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Crucial adds 2TB model to aggressively priced MX300 series[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/08/myce-crucial-mx300-2tb-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Crucial has expanded its aggressively priced MX300 series SSDs with three new models, which according to the vendor, are the last drives that come available in the MX300 series. This series is the first Crucial line that uses Intel/Micron’s 3D NAND.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/crucial-adds-2tb-model-aggressively-priced-mx300-series-80324/](http://www.myce.com/news/crucial-adds-2tb-model-aggressively-priced-mx300-series-80324/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

$550.00MSRP which means in 6 months it will be 400.00. It wont be long until the SSD is close to the platter drive in pricing.:wink:

Now and wait and see game… :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, a whole 2 terabytes for about the price of an ENTIRE PC…
With 2tb hdd’s in the $60 price range that still doesn’t bring prices much below the 10:1 ratio we’ve seen before.
For some big news to happen, let’s see it drop to $250 first.

$550 is an excellent price for a 2TB SSD, prices have gone down. OK you want probably replacing all the spinning drives that hold or your movies, but yuo can have more than enough space at a very reasonable drive, and way better performance that any spinning drive.

Prices will eventually drop to 250, but for now you can get an 1TB SSD for 250, so there should not be any reason not to go with an SSD, unless you really need +2TB of storage.

[QUOTE=vroom;2780314]$550 is an excellent price for a 2TB SSD, prices have gone down. OK you want probably replacing all the spinning drives that hold or your movies, but yuo can have more than enough space at a very reasonable drive, and way better performance that any spinning drive.

Prices will eventually drop to 250, but for now you can get an 1TB SSD for 250, so there should not be any reason not to go with an SSD, unless you really need +2TB of storage.[/QUOTE]
This is a fallacy to think they can’t at this point in time can make more to lower the prices. SSD has been out for some time now and say they can’t make more to as tech moves at lightning speed is being unrepresentative to MILK all the money they can before they lower the prices. That is how I am seeing it now-the tech is there it’s just to MILK and MILK then when 2018 rolls around say now there is enough supply we can lessen the prices. SSD it replaceing HDD 2.5/3.5 that is the trend to think they don’t know that is more or less MILKING the price to fill their coffers.

I dont say that they technology isn’t there, I am saying that at this point the prices are very good.

You are not wrong on the “milking” part, and as much as I dont like it, its a fact that most of the time, if not all the time, all manufacturer will ask you for more money and give you a little extra, a fine example on this is Intel.

Over that last couple of years there wasn’t any serious update (for me)to go from z77 to z87 up until now with the Z170 chipset, this is how all manufacturers work and i dont think that any of them is willing to change this practice in the near future.

So giving us fast and large drives at very low prices is something that will take some time, and 99% sure that it will be a very slow process.