Crossflashing methods?

vbimport

Hello.

I was wondering how to determine what drives crossflash with eachother. I have a PBDS drive (Philips BenQ Digital Storage) and I wanted to see if I could flash it to something else, im almost certain that its a rebranded BenQ.

Is there a piece of software to compare drives with eachother? Or is there any other way to determine it then just flashing and praying?

Thanks.

Don’t just flash random firmware to your drive, or the God of Dead Drives may answer your prayers.

There is a lot of information on these forums about which drives can be crossflashed to other drives. I suggest you use the Search function. If nothing shows up, you can ask if anyone knows about a particular drive.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Hehe, thanks for the reply.

Ive been working on this drive for months. Ive spent hours going through google, and no results from here either.

Its a DH-16W1S. By the number it seems to be a LiteOn drive, but then why would it be PBDS? Its a nice SATA drive and I want to switch out of IDE. My current DW-1650 needs to have better DVD+DL burn support.

[QUOTE=Skyfallkavu;2143001]Its a DH-16W1S. By the number it seems to be a LiteOn drive, but then why would it be PBDS? Its a nice SATA drive and I want to switch out of IDE. My current DW-1650 needs to have better DVD+DL burn support.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but your PBDS is indeed ‘only’ a LiteOn OEM drive.

Ahh, damn. Looks like ill just end up buying one.

What do you guys think about the LG GH20NS15