Crossflashing a TS-L632N

I’ve seen reports of someone crossflashing one using TS-L633L firmware. The latest firmware for the TS-L633L is newer. Should I attempt to crossflash or is there even newer firmware that will work?

After bricking the drive a few times, I have found that the “SN-S083L” firmware works. I tried the one dated 2012 that ends in N and not L but that just bricked the drive.

[QUOTE=Mangix;2721954]After bricking the drive a few times, I have found that the “SN-S083L” firmware works. I tried the one dated 2012 that ends in N and not L but that just bricked the drive.[/QUOTE]

Mangix did u unbrick this by flashing it in dos or windows, i have a ts-l633l but it also have a ts-l632n sticker on it.

I believe I unbricked in Windows. The drive has basic firmware(bootcode?) in case you manage to brick it. The TSDNWIN utility should still work.

I tried DOS but it did not work for me. The reason being that this was a USB enclosed drive that was bricked. DOS was giving me an error about being unable to read the drive. If it was actually connected to a laptop’s PATA port, DOS may have worked.

edit: The drive you have should be flashable with the SN-S083L firmware.