Crossflashing a TS-H653N

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203N / TS-H653N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]has anybody crossflashed a TS-H653N?

more details from WININQUIRY:

MODEL NAME: TTST corpCDDVDW TS-H653N
VERSION: 0208
OEM Code: HP

The samsung website only has the following two hits:

1. firmare for SH-S203N OEM SB:
    http://samsung-odd.com/korlib/download.asp?no=&fname=200805211637286331_SH-S203N_SB02.exe&path=/UploadFiles/FW/FWDOWNLOAD/ENG

2. firmware for TS-H653N OEM SC
    http://www.samsungodd.com/korlib/download.asp?no=&fname=200802191639053871_TS-H653N_SC01.exe&path=/UploadFiles/FW/FWDOWNLOAD/KOR

looks like I’m forced to crossflash, any idea which one of the two above is most likely to work?

… and if any modeartor can move this to the Samsung Burner folder where it belongs, that would be very kind. sorry for the mixup.

Hi and Welcome!

this thread should apply to your “problem”:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/dell-tsst-ts-h653b-samsung-sh-s203b-crossflash-success-244305/

Moving your thread is already requested

Michael

thanks Michael, I guess I hadn’t seen that 'cause I had been looking for H653N and didn’t think to look for similar versions like H653B.

anyway, I just checked on the HP site and they actually do have a firmware update (my mistake for missing this earlier). I will give this a shot first as I’m really only interested in doing a regionfree patch for now:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL25284/pv-65057-1/sp37498.exe

thanks again, you guys rock!

duh, I’m such a hopeless n00b :frowning:
unpacking the firmware from HP’s site, yelds a 0609.bin which is scrambled so I can’t patch it.

It seems there are no tools available for un-scrambling, so any idea where I can find an un-scrambled version of this? It’s been around for under a month so I don’t have much hope…

[quote=wriadrea;2135649]duh, I’m such a hopeless n00b :frowning:
unpacking the firmware from HP’s site, yelds a 0609.bin which is scrambled so I can’t patch it.[/quote]I doubt, it is scrambled :wink:

In short: this firmware is not supported by the patch utility (yet), but the RPC1 patch can be applied with MCSE :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=wriadrea;2135649]duh, I’m such a hopeless n00b :frowning:
unpacking the firmware from HP’s site, yelds a 0609.bin which is scrambled so I can’t patch it.[/QUOTE]
No, it is not scrambled.

thanks for correcting me and providing additional guidance.

based on the guidance I’ve tried two things:

1. the TS-H653N OEM HP (0609.bin), patched with MCES (only checked the RPC1 checkbox)
  2. the SH-S203N OEM SB02, patched with Patch_Utility_Samsung-3.4.1 (only checked the region free checkbox)

Tried “Monster Inc.” and “Cars” (originals bought in Italy) and in both cases Media Player complained about error C00D1163.

I then tried both those same firmwares but this time the original unpatched versions and in both cases Media Player complained about the region mismatch and gave the option of changing it.

Is this still me doing something wrong?
Or is there something more i need to do to get around the C00D1163 on patched firmares?
Or is this just Disney being evil?

Sorry to waste your time, appreciate any help.

RPC1 does not mean no region check. Have a look here.

indeed. just to close on this, applied the HP firmare RPC1 patched with MCES and I can play the DVDs with the VLC Media Player.

thanks for walking me through this