Crossflashed a 20A4 to 20A3 and it's bricked

vbimport

hahaha can i post my problem here? is MTKflash compatible with 20A4H drives? i xflashed my drive to 20A3H and it bricked… now the bad part is… i restarted my PC so the drive cant recognize on my bios (it hangs)… hahah…

[QUOTE=Aki21;2075164]hahaha can i post my problem here? is MTKflash compatible with 20A4H drives? i xflashed my drive to 20A3H and it bricked… now the bad part is… i restarted my PC so the drive cant recognize on my bios (it hangs)… hahah…[/QUOTE]
Read up about the DOS tool XSF in the tool collection sticky. Disconnect the IDE lead from your drive and boot to DOS. Reconnect the IDE lead and run XSF with the required command line options to reflash your drive.

ohh ok… thnx~ im currently using MTKFlash… seems mtkflash doesnt support the drive… ill gana try it again…

hahaha i get my drive working agian~ nice nice~ now i can experiment it with another firmware… btw? is there any sony counterpart firmware in this type of drive?

No but there is a new firmware release for your drive (QP5A) in the firmware announcement thread. :wink:

ahh . my drive is dead again…hahaha… not literally… i end up creating a .bat to simplify the flashing process… and i accidentally add “/full” in the batch file(i just copied my MTKFlash batch which has the /full in it which mtkflash didnt work on my drive)…which what ive read… may kill it…, now my drive LED is blinking… i reflash it with QP53, QP57, QP59 and the latest QP5A, i also XFlash it and bricked it first then reflash it again… seems that ive erased the boot file or something that operates the LED… darn what a mess…

BTW? bout buying a liteon drive? which is most reliable one? 20A1H? 20A3H? or 20A4H? since i got my SHOW 1653S C0ST last 3 years, i havent look for other DVD RW, and now i got this 20A4H drive… this thing are not quite reliable IMO… it cant read what it burns… always fails, all in all… this is pretty unreliable drive.

Dude…you bought a defective drive in which a CD shattered in there and you’re blaming it for not being reliable? :rolleyes: Next time, why don’t give the whole story first before making ridiculous claims like these.