Crossflash Pioneer 112D

Hey all Just bought myself a nice Pioneer 112D drive but i want to change it to Pioneer 112 so that i can support DVD-RAM writing what software will i need and are their any guides.

[QUOTE=Quakester2000;1946013]Hey all Just bought myself a nice Pioneer 112D drive but i want to change it to Pioneer 112 so that i can support DVD-RAM writing what software will i need and are their any guides.[/QUOTE]

You can get the package from here to convert it to a A12J drive which will not only support dvd-ram writing but also labelflash, it also works with the provided drive quiet utility in the package. Also, the 1.22 firmware in the package which you flash second is also modified to give you auto bitsetting on +R media.

Thanks will Labelfish really be supported by the drive if i flash with that firmware also is it possible to patch 112D to a 115 yet or is it completely different hardware.

[QUOTE=Quakester2000;1946026]Thanks will Labelfish really be supported by the drive if i flash with that firmware also is it possible to patch 112D to a 115 yet or is it completely different hardware.[/QUOTE]
They’re too different.

[QUOTE=Quakester2000;1946026]Thanks will Labelfish really be supported by the drive if i flash with that firmware also is it possible to patch 112D to a 115 yet or is it completely different hardware.[/QUOTE]

Yes, labelflash will be supported with that firmware. I don’t think crossflashing to a 115 is possible. May I ask why you bought the older 112D model instead of the newly released 115D model? Here in Canada 115D is allready available and is around 2 dollars more then the 112D model, so, if I had a choice i would definitely go with the newer model.

LOL.
That question is kinda stupid (sorry, no offence) and where asked already here… :doh:

The 115D wasn’t available in the shop, haven’t seen it in many shops here yet.

Labelfish :bigsmile:

@Quakester - the 115D is available from SVP, I just got mine from there. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1946214]Labelfish :bigsmile:

@Quakester - the 115D is available from SVP, I just got mine from there. :)[/QUOTE]

But shipping costs extra to NI, and the 112D was cheaper. Anyway i dont need 20x burning or 48x cd burning, just dvdram, dual layer and good compatibility which the 112 offers.

Crossflash is possible w/o using Buffalo firmware. :iagree:

[QUOTE=KTL;1946520]Crossflash is possible w/o using Buffalo firmware. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

To avoid further confusion:

Crossflashing here means 112D < > 112.

It doesnt refer to 112x > 115x, because that is futile anyway.

Yes, you are correct, chef, not crossflash to a different model, but within the same family.

[QUOTE=Quakester2000;1946504]But shipping costs extra to NI, and the 112D was cheaper. Anyway i dont need 20x burning or 48x cd burning, just dvdram, dual layer and good compatibility which the 112 offers.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, didn’t realise you’re from NI, when I saw UK in your location I thought you were from mainland UK :wink:

Regarding Labelflash though, I had it on my NEC and never bothered with it.

How about DiscT@2? Is it still CD only like Yamaha F1?

@ geekrule,

Perhaps the two below Web Links will answer your question –>

http://labelflash.jp/

For more detailed information suggest using the Forum Search or Google Search (http://www.google.com).

Regards,
bjkg

No, LabelFlash/DiscT@2 on the Pioneer drives is available on DVDs only unlike with the Yamaha CRW-F1.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;1947248]No, LabelFlash/DiscT@2 on the Pioneer drives is available on DVDs only unlike with the Yamaha CRW-F1.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD[/QUOTE]

Thank you, TerminalVeloCD & bjkg.