Crossflash HP 1260r MH22 to LiteOn

vbimport

I am having HP DVD Writer 1260r MH22 (Getting this from ImgBurn) and planning to cross flash with iHAS124B or iHAS524B?

I tried to EEPROM_Utility_6.2.0 to backup my eeprom I am getting “Error reading EEPROM from drive!”

As long I know all HP writer is clone of liteon. So expecting it will work. How do I come to know that it is compatible for cross flashing or not?

Checked with Nero CD-DVD speed and it is showing as 1260r VMH22.

[QUOTE=heartshacker;2608901]I am having HP DVD Writer 1260r MH22 (Getting this from ImgBurn) and planning to cross flash with iHAS124B or iHAS524B?

I tried to EEPROM_Utility_6.2.0 to backup my eeprom I am getting “Error reading EEPROM from drive!”

As long I know all HP writer is clone of liteon. So expecting it will work. How do I come to know that it is compatible for cross flashing or not?[/QUOTE]

No, not all HP writers are real LiteONs (MTK chipset) I’m afraid …

The HP [B]DVD1260r[/B] is most likely an[B] iHAS124 Y[/B], which is basically an AD-7240S Sony Optiarc rebadge. As such you won’t be able to crossflash it to an iHASx24 B drive.

Try dumping the firmware with Binflash (http://club.myce.com/f86/binflash-nec-optiarc-firmware-flasher-dumper-105676/) instead.

I got a dump using binflash but How do I flash with iHAS124B or iHAS524B?

In Binflash, While flashing, I tried to use “iHAS-624B-GL29-MKM001MKM003-final.bin” but I am getting error “Supplied file does not contain a valid firmware”

I basically want to cross flash to [I]Liteon iHAS* for [/I]iXtreme Burner MAX V1.0 CF.

Any help will be appreciated.

[QUOTE=heartshacker;2609203]I got a dump using binflash but How do I flash with iHAS124B or iHAS524B?

In Binflash, While flashing, I tried to use “iHAS-624B-GL29-MKM001MKM003-final.bin” but I am getting error “Supplied file does not contain a valid firmware”

I basically want to cross flash to [I]Liteon iHAS* for [/I]iXtreme Burner MAX V1.0 CF.

Any help will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You [U]CANNOT[/U] crossflash an iHASx24 Y (AD-7240S) drive to an iHASx24 B drive! [B]It is impossible.[/B] They are completely different drives, made by different manufacturers and based on completely different chipsets.